Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A couple of questions from a noobe
Loren C
Member Location: New Hampshire Joined: Jul 08, 2013 19:53 Messages: 86 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guy's, new here, and just learning the Power Director 11 Ultra program.

My question is... When I go into “Crop Video” in the “Power Tools”, and set a number of degrees tilt to a section of the time line, that section that was tilted, does not appear as sharp as the parts of time line that were not tilted. I do drag the box to make the clip as large as possible. It appears that the box has a zooming effect that makes the clipped section closer.
This tilted section always looks fuzzy compared with other sections of video in the time line. I’ve even tried to sharpen or enhance that section, but it still looks fuzzy compared to other sections.

Second question… Play back hesitates when going through transitions, or to another clip. These hesitations don’t seem to be present when viewing a “produced” video, just in the editor. Is that normal?
Also ( 3d question? ) I’ve set the preferences to switch to movie mode automatically in playback. It doesn’t always do that, especially if I use the “View full screen” option.

I’ve installed all current updates.
Ageing Gracefully
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Are you viewing the video in the preview window or did you actually produce the video? It will appear less sharp in the preview. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Loren C
[Post New]
Viewing in preview window.
BUT: The clip sections that have not been tilted or modified, look sharper than the ones that have been edited by tilting, and both are being viewed in the preview window. Ageing Gracefully
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Loren.

Preview slowness stutter can happen. I see this all the time when I am editing.

Try lowering your preview setting to normal or just high (click icon located below Preview window looks like a little window with a solid white block right beside the camera icon.) Also un-click Preferences>General>Enable HD video processing (shadow file) - turn this off.

Also un-click both items in Hardware Acceleration. (I personally leave these checked- but try un-checking them and see if it works for you.)

There is a new update out right now 3026.

When you produce a video it comes out okay- which is what I see also.

Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2013 09:24

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Loren C
[Post New]
Quote: Loren.

Preview slowness stutter can happen. I see this all the time when I am editing.

Try lowering your preview setting to normal or just high (click icon located below Preview window looks like a little window with a solid white block right beside the camera icon.) Also un-click Preferences>General>Enable HD video processing (shadow file) - turn this off.

Also un-click both items in Hardware Acceleration. (I personally leave these checked- but try un-checking them and see if it works for you.)

There is a new update out right now 3026.

When you produce a video it comes out okay- which is what I see also.

Rob

I tried all these suggestions. I guess I'll have to live with the hesitation when previewing in the editing player.

I'd still like to know why a clip that was tilted in the crop editor, is fuzzy, when the other clips that were not tilted, look sharper. Ageing Gracefully
ShadowsOfKnight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2013 18:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I know it doesn't help you any, but for whatever it's worth, my preview drags a lot also. When I'm using a number of effects and transitions, it's almost impossible to validate by playing from the preview window. I have to manually click across the timeline in very short intervals to verify the transition or effect is doing what I want. But as you said, the produced version plays fine.

I have a hard time believing my system is that inadequate for this purpose. I have watched four March Madness basketball games on espn.com at the same time in four quadrants of the screen, with no drag on any of them. But it's pretty bad from the PD11 preview window.

Thanks for asking the question, and thanks to those giving suggestions.

My system:
AMD Phenom 9750 quad-core ~2.4GHz
8192MB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Build 7601 Service Pack 1
PD11 Ultra patch 2812
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
File this under Preview needs fixing.

I do the following to make my own "live" preview.

1.) I finish editing whatever it is I am working on then Produce it using the setting MPEG-4 1280 X 720 / 30p (9Mbps)
2.) Use "Fast video rendering technology" and "Hardware video encoder." (located bottom left on the Produce screen) to make a quick video render.

I then play the produced video at the same time with the project still open in Power Director.
Whenever I spot something I don't like, I pause the video and switch over to PD and fix it right then and there. Then continue on.

I have found this actually speeds up my editing and helps me hone in on the mistakes and things that need tweaking.

Rob
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ShadowsOfKnight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2013 18:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Good tip. I'm pretty much forced into doing the same thing. I just hate waiting on that Produce to finish. I'm too impatient.
Loren C
[Post New]
Quote: File this under Preview needs fixing.

I do the following to make my own "live" preview.

1.) I finish editing whatever it is I am working on then Produce it using the setting MPEG-4 1280 X 720 / 30p (9Mbps)
2.) Use "Fast video rendering technology" and "Hardware video encoder." (located bottom left on the Produce screen) to make a quick video render.I then play the produced video at the same time with the project still open in Power Director.
Whenever I spot something I don't like, I pause the video and switch over to PD and fix it right then and there. Then continue on.

I have found this actually speeds up my editing and helps me hone in on the mistakes and things that need tweaking.

Rob

RobAC

Thanks for suggestions.
How do you get .. "Fast video rendering technology" & "Hardware video encoder" available? Mine are not active, and I can't see where to get them active.

Also... I noticed that in user preferences.. under "Hardware acceleration" the box for "Enable Hardeware decoding" is also not avialable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2013 08:07

Ageing Gracefully
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

RobAC

Thanks for suggestions.
How do you get .. "Fast video rendering technology" & "Hardware video encoder" available? Mine are not active, and I can't see where to get them active.

Also... I noticed that in user preferences.. under "Hardware acceleration" the box for "Enable Hardeware decoding" is also not avialable.

Could you attach screenshot of your Preferences screen so we can have a look, thanks.
(Click on blue "Attachments" lower left of the reply window once you take and save a screenshot to your computer.)

Only certain formats have this such as the MPEG-4, H264 AVC and MKV have this option.

[Thumb - Produce Rendering Options.PNG]
 Filename
Produce Rendering Options.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
Loren C
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

RobAC

Thanks for suggestions.

Could you attach screenshot of your Preferences screen so we can have a look, thanks.
(Click on blue "Attachments" lower left of the reply window once you take and save a screenshot to your computer.)

Only certain formats have this such as the MPEG-4, H264 AVC and MKV have this option.

I'm not sure which screen in the "Preferences" window you want to see. I captured the "Produce" option here......

[Thumb - Pref-Produce.jpg]
 Filename
Pref-Produce.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
110 time(s)
Ageing Gracefully
Loren C
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

RobAC

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm not sure if the attachment went through.. I'll try again...
[Thumb - Pref-Produce.jpg]
 Filename
Pref-Produce.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Preference- Produce option screen shot
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)
Ageing Gracefully
Loren C
[Post New]
Rob

Sorry for double post. I'm new as to how this forum setup works. Now I realize that I have to click the [DownLoad] button to see the attached pix.

Here's my Produce screen. as you can see, those options are blanked out.
[Thumb - Produce-01.jpg]
 Filename
Produce-01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
118 time(s)
Ageing Gracefully
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Loren,

interesting- do you have the following selected in Preferences> Hardware Acceleration?

Rob PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
Loren C
[Post New]
Rob

The last check box isn't available. Blanked out. See attached image...

BTW: How do you get the attached image to display like your last post?
[Thumb - Hardware Acceleration.jpg]
 Filename
Hardware Acceleration.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
122 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2013 19:46

Ageing Gracefully
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The last check box isn't available. Blanked out. See attached image...

Perhaps your video card doesn't support this feature.

BTW: How do you get the attached image to display like your last post?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24696.page#146280

It's advised to keep images relatively small.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2013 22:08

RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Loren,

Borgus has a good point.

Now I am curious- can you upload a Diagnostic file text summary of your system.
See this link how to do this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24619.page#134008

Basically click your Start button, type "Dxdiag" hit Enter.
Click "Run 64-bit DxDiag" and then afterwards when it finishes click "Save All Information."

Attach the DxDiag.txt file here so we can have a look at your computer setup.

R
Loren C
[Post New]
Rob

I think this is what you are asking for. I did a quick run and came up with this....

BTW: I don't have a 64 bit system.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2013 07:11

Ageing Gracefully
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay now I think I see what is going on- your operating system is an older Windows XP Home edition- if my memory serves that's a 32-bit operating system.

When you did your DxDiag did you see a "Run 64-bit DxDiag" option?
I'll hazard as guess you didn't- just verify and let us know.

Your graphics card is also an older card:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

The graphics driver is also from 2011 so see if there is a new updated driver on the AMD website. But with such older cards there might not be an update, check just in case.

See this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Your CPU on the other hand is a quad core so you do have some power to work with. Just don't expect everything will work as it should with your current setup. So some of the features of PD 11 might not work as they should.

Rob
Loren C
[Post New]
Rob

You're correct, my system is a 32 bit. My son and I put it together a few years ago. He just gave me the current video card that he had an extra of.

Thank you as well, Borgus1. Appreciate your help.

I'll see if there is a newer driver for it. I'm going to try and get out for some more riding tomorrow, and take some more footage of our back roads here in N.H.
You may see some of my attempts at creating videos here... http://www.youtube.com/user/larry3138/videos
Feel free to cretique if you desire. That's how I learn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2013 20:07

Ageing Gracefully