Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Modify Custom Menus
theresa1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2013 23:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
This only happens with version 11. I used to be able modify custom menus anytime when using version 10, but since upgraded the "modify" button doesn't always work. On the menus sometimes I can modify but most times I can not (modify button grey out and does not respond). Any help would be appreciated.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Theresa1,
If you have the latest patch of Pd installed I found out that some times you have to 'Refresh" the thumbnails to get access to the Modify menu selection even on custom menu's you have created.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
theresa1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James1, I will try that.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Theresa -

There are some menus that cannot be modified in the regular way. That's why the button is greyed out.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Menu_Mod.png]
 Filename
Menu_Mod.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
207 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
[Thumb - Menu Mod.png]
 Filename
Menu Mod.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
theresa1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know, but I'm talking about custom menus that I created myself without any fancy effects. Anyway, thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry - I missed that before... "custom".

You're right to expect to be able to modify menus you've already customised. Could you post a screenshot of an example of the greyed out Modify button on a custom menu?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!