Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 12 and Movie 43 - Top Menu Won't Load
Ravenstar68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2011 04:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am running PowerDVD 12 on a Windows 8 Professional Desktop. All the latest updates are installed.

When Trying to Play Movie 43 The adverts are played but when it tries to load the Top Menu I'm left staring at a black screen and all attempts to use any controls result in the words Prohibited appearing.

I have tried Ripping using AnyDVDHD to see if it was the copy protection, however playing from the Hard Drive Folder also results in the same error.

Finally I decided to try an alternative Player and downloaded the Trial version of ArcSoft Totalmedia Theatre 6. This product quite happily reached the Top Menu with no dificulties and so I was able to watch the Feature.

I'm hoping Cyberlink can look into this, I can play other Blu Rays with no difficulties. Beautiful Creatures for example does not exhibit this behaviour.

I hope this problem can be fixed as the only alternative for me would be to purchase the full version of TotalMedia Theatre. Something I would rather not have to do.

Ravenstar68

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2013 04:54

jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Any updates on this for you Raven? By the way, what build number are you currently using?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue with Power DVD Ultra 12.0.2625.57 on Win 7 Ultimate x64. Tried it on 2 different computers, inside and outside of WMC, with and without AnyDVD HD working, and after tinkering with some of the settings. Looks like as soon as you get to the main menu and press play, the program freezes. Trying to go to a different chapter produces the same thing.

Cyberlink, I've spent at least $300 on your products over the years and really hate trying to watch a bd-dvd that won't play.
tmanXX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2013 21:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. The movie just would not play on my Sony Laptop. My version is the one that came standard on my laptop and is a bit older. PowerDVD 9 v 9.0.5601.52
The laptop has played several other blu-rays with no problems, but this one would not work...