Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
capture audio from vieo
bailiff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2006 15:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I have reviewed the manual and cannot find instructions cor capturing audio from a video clip and then overlayng that audio (moving sounds, etc.) in my production.

Any help would be appreciated
melody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector5 does not support this feature, hope Cyberlink can support it on PowerDirector6.
Pat [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 24, 2006 00:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I managed to pull out the audio from a clip using Adobe Audition. It was a bush scene with birds chirping and a kookaburra laughing like crazy. I filtered out the hissy continuous background noise (cicadas etc) but kept the birds. Then pumped up the decibels and saved as an mp3 file and placed back in Cyberlink in the music channel. Audition was formerly Cool Edit Pro. It works very well for me. I've used it a bit to save my old vinyl LPs to CD.
Good luck...
Big Al [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Jul 26, 2006 15:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just did this real easy. Here's how:
1 Download and install "Audacity" (free audio editor)
2 Import your movie clip into Audacity (it will just load
the audio without pictures)
3 Edit the audio to taste
4 Export the audio from Audacity as a wave file.
5 Import the audio into PD.

This only took me a minute or less. Easy. Blessings,
Al
Big Al [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Jul 26, 2006 15:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just discoverd a glitch with what I did using Audacity.
It seemed to create a few spikes. However, they were easy to edit out. I also tried importing the video into Nero Wave Editor, but it didn't work. So, Audacity is the way to go. Cheers. Blessings,
Al
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2006 12:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Buy a cheap piece of software on the internet called TOTAL RECORDER, made by a company called HIGH CRITERIA. Cheap, works brilliantly, and it records ANYTHING that is coming through your computer, either software or on the sound card, and saves it as a WAV or MP3. You can play your video through and capture just the audio stream using TOTAL RECORDER, then feed that sound file back into PowerDirector to edit your movie some more.
sonofacuban [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Los Angeles CA USA Joined: Jul 29, 2006 00:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dan is correct , This program is innexpensive and captures anything.
I also have used Presentor Soft Power Video Maker. there are some great items you would like to incorperate in Power Director but since they are .pps ( powerpoint )it is almost impossible. This turns anything into a .wmv file. Then it can be downloaded to Power director 5 , Make DVD's with different formats incorpoarated . Presentations look cleaner. Anything in powerpoint format. I just finished a 267 page roster of text in .wmv format. I just hit enter and walked away, when finished it was a simpl download to Power Director , added Music, a few flashy Items. Done!
Camtasia works but it is not as user friendly.
Frank