Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline no longer connected to media files
YetAnotherFred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 06:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I opened an existing project but had forgotten to turn on the external drive where I had the media files. Got informed that the media files were not available. Selected the option that appeard the most appropriate but don't remember what it was. Booted the drive and started over again.
Problem is that now when I load the project I get the time line but it doesn't load the media files. The time line show the diferent segments with correct times, settings, transitions etc but are no longer linked to the media files.
Manually adding the media content to the media room, before or after opening the project does not change the situation.
Is it possible to re-ling the media files to the timeline or do I have to start all over again?
Greatful for help,
Fred
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi YetAnotherFred ,
You should have had the option to Browse for the location of the missing data. The problem is, you have reset the local address for the external drive.

There is a fall back if the start up of your saved pds hasn't triggered the Browse option.

Go to a hidden folder address:
C:\Users\YourPCNameHere\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0\AutoSave

Select the latest pds file.

Hope that helps.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2013 07:21

YetAnotherFred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 06:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd Bevan !
That solved my problem. Not the last autosaved files but the second oldest one. This was good learning - it could be used in other situations as well.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help
Regards,
Fred
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi YetAnotherFred ,
Excellent. May I guide you to take a different approach to saving, please use the File>Save project as option and save to a new pds each time. An example is: 001.pds, 002.pds Save often and to a new file each time. The Autosave feature is a fallback to an unknown point. The regular save (and I do it very frequemtly when project building) is to a fixed fall back. Use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+S if you wish. Please ensure your Export location in Preferences is set to somewhere such as My Documents/New Folder.

If you have further questions, post on a new thread and members will dive in to assist you.

Dafydd