Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Location of shadow files?
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Lately, when checking on library the thumbnail images, the message "generating shadow files" appears.

However they never seem to be generated. All proper boxes are checked. And the preview is in reduced resolution from the 1920x1080 original.

If they are generated where is the file?

Thanks for any insight

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eugene -

Once generated, the shadow files should be in your chosen Export folder in the ShadowEditFiles sub-folder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
FYI- If you can't see the folder then it's hidden.
For Win 7 follow instructions in this link to view hidden folders: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/

For Win 8 go to your folder select "View" menu located on top of folder and check "Hidden Items."

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Found !

If I erase them, they will be regenerated?

Thank you guys.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2013 23:11

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
They'd only be regenerated if you had the "Shadow Files" option enabled in preferences.

So if you - disable it in preferences - save & close PD - delete the shadow files then re-open the project... they won't be re-generated, but if you re-open the project before switching preferences, they will!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eugen157,
You may wish to remove additional files manually such as the text files generated for the wave form in the audio tracks. Preferences>General>Manually Delete - click.
Dafydd
Eugen157
[Post New]
Thanks.

Have used PD now for over 1/2 year and time for a good house cleaning.(After a backup)

On a different subject: A different forum that I participated in, had a wishlist for users and over time many of those wishes found their way into subsequent updates. Does PD have such a thing?. High on my list would be a small VU meter. There are some free ones available but they are just too big.

Best regards to you all

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks.

Have used PD now for over 1/2 year and time for a good house cleaning.(After a backup)

On a different subject: A different forum that I participated in, had a wishlist for users and over time many of those wishes found their way into subsequent updates. Does PD have such a thing?. High on my list would be a small VU meter. There are some free ones available but they are just too big.

Best regards to you all

Eugene

Hey there Eugene,

The closest thing to a VU meter can be found when editing the audio in PowerDirector through Audio Director. It will show you the db levels during the audio editing. But I have to agree that some VU meters while editing the video on the timeline would be helpful to get an idea of the audio levels. The idea of the addition of VU meters can certainly be communicated to Cyberlink.

[Thumb - Audio Director.PNG]
 Filename
Audio Director.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
505 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 03. 2013 13:32

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.