Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making side by side movies
SMOK3Y [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2013 10:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi all in the 'demo' movies that come with PD11 there is a side by side tram demo. as im getting my Oculus Devkit soon I was wondering how can I make the SBS movies to use with it

many thanks smoke
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Just add to different video tracks, double-click and resize. Make sure "Maintain Aspect ratio" is not checked. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You can do a 3D conversion, but expect it to take a very long time to produce. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I do believe that PD11 Ultimate will import 3D content based on a 3D Camera ( i don't have one to say for sure). But ..there is always a but..I think it may depend on your Cameras features (format). I did download a members 3D footage taken with his 3D Camera (don't know the model) camera and imported it into PD 11 Ultimate and it came in as a side by side video in my timeline but my monitor only supports anaglyph (cyan/red) but I could specify which format to produce in ( side by side, anaglyph or over under).
so I think you would be able to use PD11.
That being said I will have to say that your computer specs would have to be at the hi end of the requirements stated on the programs spec sheet. I have a i72600 3,4Gh processore with 12 GB memory and a Geforce 560ti 1Gb graphic card
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2013 00:36

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it will import 3D from a camera. Worked fine with my GoPro video after converted with CineForm Studio. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
SMOK3Y [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2013 10:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hey everyone thanks for an answer I was hoping to convert (dvds Blurays) that I have to SBS movies but it sounds like I need different camera angles? if im reading the answers right?

also my PC is

i5 2500k@4.4
8gb memory
EVGA TITAN gpu
James Dotson
[Post New]
You can convert to 3D and produce as side-by-side, but it takes a powerful computer and/or a lot of time. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
powerss2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2013 16:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
If I have 2 tracks for a SBS can I trim the tracks individually? Steve