Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When Will Cyberlink Fix PowerDirector (all versions) So It Doesn't Crash?
Paul Bunion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2009 19:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Editing causes the program to crash. It is sooooooooo irritating. PowerDirector has always been crash-prone from the earliest versions. Cyberlink has never learned to manage memory properly and it crashes all the time. It is so irritation.

Please, Cyberlink, fix your programs.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
While the program may not be perfect, it runs well for most. Programs that are heavy resource users - such as editors - tend to expose system inadequacies or misconfiguration.

Folks here may have suggestions for you, if they can analyze your PC's stats, per the first "sticky" post at the top of the forums list.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Actually most of us long time users see "crashes" nearly never now days. Yours may be a unique issue ? Win 10, i7
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Please, Cyberlink, fix your programs.

Just to let you know, PB, we are not Cyberlink. We are volunteers, and 99.9% have no connection to the company, or their techsupport.
If you are having problems, please follow the instructions from Borgus1, submit a dxdiag, and I'll wager you'll get some good feedback. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT