Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 inevitably crashes after deleting some clips
Jack66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2012 00:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I want to edit full HD video from my Canon HF100 camcoder.
My computer exceeds the requirements (Intel i5 2550K 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD, Nvidia Getforce Gtx 560 Ti graphic card.
The project loading time is long enough; about 2 minutes, and saving time is similarly long. The source file is fewer then 16 GB.

I can edit the video a while, but then the program freezes for 1-2 minutes, then continues.

If I delete some scenes, the program inevitably crashes after second or third deletion.

I downloaded the latest update for graphic card, updated to the latest version of PD11, reinstalled the application and run the program with administrator privilegues.

The problem doesn't change if I uncheck hw acceleration or using or not the shadow file.

My source file and project file are on a second drive and I run the program from the boot drive.

Does anybody has any proposal?

Thanks in advance,,

Jack
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack66 ,
When you state "crash" please clarify.
1. Does PDR white screen?
2. Does PDR shutdown and go completely from the scene - and a Boomarang report dialogue pops up?

Please provide a few additional bits of information.
a) A diagnostic of your system, to give data we can pick up on.
b) Screenshots of the Edit Workspace.

To attach files select Post Reply: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/28903.page
To create a diagnostic, Part B in the guide. use the guide to provide Part A as well please.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

There have been reported issues with 2TB drives, so I'm wondering if the crash/white screen is linked to it.

Finally, I'd like a 5 second sample file from your camera, point and shoot and then attach the file.

Still fishing for a cause

Dafydd
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Disregard....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2013 09:56

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Jack66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Defydd,

Thank You for your replay.
The enviroment:
  • op.system: win8

• PD 11 Ultimate 11.0.0.2812

• Seriasl N.: VDE130411-03

• Anti virus program: Norton Internet Security

• Not any other video editing program installed

• The issue:
  • Load the project

• Choose a clip

• Delete them

• After deleting second or third clip, the program crashes and the Boomarang report dialogue pops up

•  Filename
    DxDiag.txt
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    66 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    340 time(s)
     Filename
    00009.MTS
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    5616 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    303 time(s)
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Jack66 ,
    Thank you for the attachments.

Please provide the requested screenshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu. I want to be able to read the file names - make sure the image is full screen size please. This data is important.

In the mean time please do a complete uninstall/reinstall of PDR11 via the Control Panel. The issue may just be a glitch caused by a poor program installlation. May be worth shutting off NIS for the installation.

Dafydd
    Jack66 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Dafydd,

Here is my workspace screenshot. I will reinstall the program (third time soon.

Jack
    [Thumb - PDWorkSpace.jpg]
     Filename
    PDWorkSpace.jpg
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    446 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    110 time(s)
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Jack66,
    Thank you for the image. Please carry out the following:
    1. Reduce PDR11 to display in One monitor.
    2. Visit: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24619.page#133778 and shut down Shadow edit file generation.
    3. Now try again with editing.

Your graphics card set up looks to be struggling, not sure why at this stage other than the dedicated ram for both is less than 1gb each. this may be causing you problems. Humour me and switch to a simgle monitor use for PDR.

Shadow edit files are designed to assist editors with slow and weak computers. For those with powerful setups capable of editing HD files, there is no need to use them. Shadow file creation drags down resources, strains a CPU to create replacement files/mpeg2's. Your computer does NOT need to have shadow edit files - uncheck the options. This may be the cause of your problem.

Dafydd
    Jack66 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Dafydd,

Thank You for your proposal.

I inserted a new 250 GB SSD as a boot drive, so the HDD issue gone. Now the loading and saving time diminished four times, but any other problems remain the same.

I did everything, You proposed (shadow file checked off, using only single monitor).

The program crashes immediately even if I try to select a clip. The possibility of crashing grows, as the clip is more far from the beginning, or if I choose more complicated tool.

The event viewer doesn't show any error when crashes. I attached the crash dump file in xml.

Thank You for Your effort to clarify the problem,

Jack
     Filename
    CrashRpt.txt
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    2 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    294 time(s)
    Jack66 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hy Dafydd,

Sometimes I get error message in the event viewer, sometimes not, as the boomerang box shows up sometimes.

I attached the error event, that refers to msvcrt90.dll wich is the innocent program module, where the error shows up at first time, I think.

Maybe this help clarify this odd problem.

Does anybody here with similar configuration can successfully edit AVCHD video 1,5 hour of length?

I upgraded to Nvidia GetForce 320.49 Beta driver, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Filename
    PDR11_ErrorInfoInEvent20130628.txt
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    653 bytes
     Downloaded:
    355 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 28. 2013 10:30