Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keep seeing wrong info in Movie mode
tofsla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2013 17:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
After I got disapointed by poor performance of MovieLive movies information detection I decided to totally switch of this feature and stick with good old hand picked covers. Under Settings - Movie Indormation I unchecked all of checkboxes. However, it seems like it affects only Classic mode due to when I switch to Movie mode PDVD still goes online detecting movies info (and does it horribly) and shows wrong info and wrong cover.

Dear Support, Explain please, how to totally kill the on-line checking feature until Cyberlink guys fix it or give us freedom to use IMDB or similar databases.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this forum is not monitored by the support team.

to disable the auto cover download:
1. Go to the Settings
2. Enter "Moovie Info" Tab
3. disable "Movie Info features"

==> not automatic download of cover

to use IMDB:
1. Go to the Settings
2. Enter "Moovie Info" Tab
3. enable "Movie Info features"
4. in each folder of Movie place a file [Filename].nfo with link to the Movie in IMDB

example for Big Buck Bunny:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1254207/

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tofsla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks Michael, your solution very well works with single mkv files into Media Library under the Classic mode

However, it is not what I was searchig of. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough asking a question at the first place.

I have a collection of Blu-Ray copies on my HDD. I found it better for keeping things in order this way. And I don't use Media Library due to it doesn't understand folders (movie on two disks for example it puts side by side rather than into a one folder) So I just go to my network drive and pick a right movie.

PowerDVD 13 has so called Cinema mode for remote control of it from a couch. Under the Cinema mode after I pick one of Blu-Ray's or DVD's folders It should show me either correct info + cover for the movie or nothing.

However, it keeps showing me a wrong info whether I uncheked all of the boxes under "Movie info" or not.

It seems to me that Cinema mode has its own set of settings and there is no way to prevent it to go outside and download a wrong info from PowerDVD itself.

PS. Finally! I managed to block downloading of the wrong info using Firewall. I blocked Internet for C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe

However, it would be nice to be able to download correct info for my Blu-Rays directly from IMDB in Cinema mode without need for turning on Media library.

PSS Forgot to mention. When I tested the solution with .NFO files I noticed that it is only works in Classic mode. After I switched to the Cinema mode with Media Library ON PDVD ignores NFOs and keeps using MoovieLive

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2013 16:08

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tofsla,
now it's clear, even to me

I will fully review your ideas / suggestions / complains and present to our planning team, you are right some items can be improved for better experience.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tofsla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for you attention. It is the best mediaplayer I've seen so far. It just needs a liitle improvement over Movie info module. Keep doing a great job!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2013 12:35

[Post New]
Hi, first post in the forums, but I agree with the above poster - Moovie info is often amusingly incorrect. What I have found however is that (in classic mode at least) it will let you click "Not the right movie?" and then give you a list of choices as to the correct movie. If it doesn't list the movie, you have the option of contributing to the Moovie database with the correct info, although the only time I tried this, it didn't seem to like my choices. I'm not going to spend a lot of time figuring out the correct commands/syntax/quirks for Moovie info however - either make it dead simple to use or switch to IMDB or Netflix or Amazon or some other movie info database with 100K+ movies so as to improve the choices.

If there isn't any info listed at all (which happens with a bunch of older movies - I suspect Moovie info has a small database), you don't get any option that I can see to upload a description.

Also, I don't really care about the screenwriters, etc - just the principle actors, director, year, genre, average rating, length and brief synopsis. A lot of the Moovie info descriptions read like short, amateur novellas - nobody is going to go through all that description when deciding what movies to watch. 1-2 sentences like what you see on Amazon or Netflix is more than sufficient, thanks.
Borilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2013 15:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having problems with display information. I included an.nfo file in each folder with the .mkv file, but it still seems to want to download the movie information from the online service which gets pretty much half the movies wrong. Any help to fix this would be appreciated!
[Post New]
There REALLY needs to be a way to disable this completely. I am getting incorrect info like what is shown in the attached file for my kids' movies. My wife is really ticked off about this coming up while watching shows with our family and makes PowerDVD un-useable for us. I tried to add rules to my windows firewall to block it from downloading the information but it keeps coming in. Does anyone have a method to stop the download of this content? I use Media Browser 3 to handle my movie database and just want to use PowerDVD for playing files. Thanks for any ideas.
[Thumb - 20140415_011451.jpg]
 Filename
20140415_011451.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1984 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2014 19:15