Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving segments of large video to individual files
jmb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2013 14:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have 40+ hours of video to cut/clip/split into individual segments. I want to be able to re-name those segments with descriptive titles and save them in separate files to draw from in a variety of different projects. I do not want all those segments in my library at one time, thus the need to save them into individual files. How do I do this?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
In what format is your video file ? Can you rename those files and then save them to different directories?

The only other ways I can think of is to either use your camera software to cut it into segments and rename those segments before saving or

Drag the video into PD and cut it into segments- remove the parts you don't want and then Produce the clip to a file. Rename that file as you like.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be