Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Production Issues
Alex K [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Jan 28, 2012 19:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, my PD 11 produces MPEG4 files without a problem. However, it freezes at the 20% production mark for all other formats, ie, AVI, MPEG2, etc. Any advice out there???

Thanks,

alex
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello, my PD 11 produces MPEG4 files without a problem. However, it freezes at the 20% production mark for all other formats, ie, AVI, MPEG2, etc. Any advice out there???

Thanks,

alex

Hi Alex K ,
If you'd been using Create Disc I would have suggested looking at the Menu. However you've not giving a lot of information. How about supplying some basic data such:
1. Diagnostic
2. Screenshot of the Edit Workspace
3. Details of the video you have in the tracks, Frame size, HD or SD,
4. Details of your actual selections in Produce.
The above are basics, I'm sure once we have the data we'll be able to give you a more refined answer to help you.

Please visit the Guides Part A, B, E & F should help you. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Dafydd
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify my situation I will add that my problem is not in the create Disc module. I have appended 2 screen shots of the Produce module screen. The first screen shot is to select the format of production. I selected AVC and it shows that the file is 3.2 GB - see the red arrow. The second screen shot is in the Production mode after I had clicked onto Start production. You will note that it is at the 20% production mark. This is where production seems to stop.

One of the things that I noticed, which you can see in the 2nd screen shot, is that in the bottom data section it does not show how large the file is or how much was produced at the 20% mark - I have a red arrow pointing to this section. Also, you can see that the time clock is at 2 hours+

Screen shot 3 shows my timeline board. The files I used to make this video are standard JPEG, MTS, and WMA files. The strange thing is that I can Produce a video without any problems in the MPEG4 selection. All other formats stop at the 20% production phase.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alex K ,
Kind-of need the images... .

Select Post Reply/Attachments and then Browse for the local addresses.

Dafydd
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Yes, for some reason my file which is a Word document is not uploading. I will try again.

ak
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
PDF file of screen shots attached.
 Filename
PD 11 Screen Shots.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
306 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
623 time(s)
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Alex, in the meantime, do not use SVRT for that project, as there is no point to it. Practically nothing on the tmeline will utilize SVRT. Try the Intel Quick Sync option instead. Using SVRT could be the problem. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, I tried to Produce and AVC video without the SVRT, but still the same problem. Stalls at 20% Production. I have an HP Paviliion and am checking to see if my graphic drivers are up to date. My current drivers are an Intel HD and AMD HD graphics, Version 8.882.2.3000, 338.98M. These drivers worked well with PD 10 and so I would be surprised if they were not functional in PD 11.

alex k
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
You still haven't provided all the information Dafydd asked for, so there's really not much more we can do. Still, don't use SVRT for that project. Maybe even turn off all graphics acceleration in Preferences. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. My email string shows that a PDF file which contains Dafydd's requested info is listed for 21/06/2013. Can you see it? If not I can re-submit.

alex k
Xerox [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just the screen shots. None of the other information he asked for in the second post in this thread. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Just the screen shots. None of the other information he asked for in the second post in this thread.

Hi Alex K,
Please give all the details.

OK, the pdf screenshot images are hard to view clearly. Please use png/jpg and upload those types next time and not add them to a document.

OK, Please provide the diagnostic data - that's important.

I see from your pdf images and the text:
1. You have shadow edit files (means you're using HD files).
2. You have edited video files before Shadow Edit Files have been fully generated* (big no no).
3. Mp4 files can be created but they can do so by "skimming" past data when an error would display in other formats.
4. I cant read the timeline info - images too poor. I want to look closely at the content. Carry out the following.
4-1. Multiple save a new pds, e.g 001.pds, 002.pds...005.pds use Ctrl+Shft+S
4-2. Now edit 002 to 005pds and segment your project into roughly 4 quarters.
4-3. Produce each of the 4 quarters into a format mts/mp4 etc.
4-4 Your actions are to find the corrupt file and to eliminate it.
5. Let your syetem produce Shadow Edit Files** BEFORE starting editing.
I hope some of the above helped.

* Yellow icon turns to Green, your system is using resources to create replacement files - let the task complete.
** Do you need Shadow Edit File generation, is your system powerful enough? A diagnostic will tell us.
I want from you
1. The diagnostic file.
2. Images that are FULL screen.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2013 05:42

Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd, Thanks for the reply. Here is a list of attachements

(1) Attached is a DXDiag file.
(2) Screen shot of the graphic driver I am using (Radeon HD 7470M), which seems to be up to date.
(3) Screen Shot of Produce Stall point.

Only three attachments are allowed. I will send the following in a second message.

(4) Screen Shot of the Beginning of an AVC Produce run. Note file size 2.9 GB file
(5) Screen Shot of the Stall point of Production at 20%. Note file size show NA
(6) Screen Shot of the Edit Preference selection for Produce
(7) Screen Shot of the Edit Preference selection for Hardware

alex k
 Filename
DxDiag3.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
366 time(s)
[Thumb - PD 11 Produce Stall Point.jpg]
 Filename
PD 11 Produce Stall Point.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
260 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
[Thumb - PD 11 Radeon Driver Screen shot.jpg]
 Filename
PD 11 Radeon Driver Screen shot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
434 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
135 time(s)
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Additional Attachments, #'s 4, 6, and 7
[Thumb - PD11 Edit Produce Selection.jpg]
 Filename
PD11 Edit Produce Selection.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
386 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
111 time(s)
[Thumb - PD11 Edit Hardware Acceleration.jpg]
 Filename
PD11 Edit Hardware Acceleration.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
382 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)
[Thumb - PD11 Screen shot of Begining of AVC Production.jpg]
 Filename
PD11 Screen shot of Begining of AVC Production.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
113 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alex K ,
Card driver - has got to be out of date - it's nearly 2 years old.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/9/2011 09:32:00, 8311808 bytes

1. Please visit the graphic card manufacturers website and search for the latest driver. Do NOT use Windows to search for a driver.

2. Please let me know when you've caried out the test laid out in item #4 above.

3. Unchecking Hardware acceleration may assist you.

4. Convert your mp3's to wav files.

Thanks for the images.

Dafydd
Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I have an earlier version of PDS file which is giving me the problem. So, I opened that file and I noticed that one set of files (.m2ts), shot from a Lumix z25 camera are in the yellow and do not seem to be shadow generating - they are staying in the yellow. Does that indicate the file is corrupt or not compatible? And that this could be the source of my problem? Or is it a software problem in the shadow generating code?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2013 04:04

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Some earlier versions of Powerdirector used three colors in SVRT to indicate if a video needed rendering. Red meant both Audio and Video needs rendering, Yellow meant that (I think) the audio needed rendering, Green meant that rendering was not needed.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Alex K [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, Xerox, Carl 312

I want to thank all of you for your help and assistance.

I believe my problem is resolved. Essentially, once I removed un-renedered video clips from the timeline and re-inserted them into the timeline after rendering I was able to produce a video in a format other than MPEG4.

FYI - I was not aware that I should wait completion of rendering once video clip are placed in the Media work space prior to their movement and edit in the timeline work space.

Thanks,

alex k

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26. 2013 04:02