Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD wants to be activated again
Sri Vamshi Mohan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2013 22:41 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
After using the software for almost 2 and a half months, PowerDVD suddenly wants to be activated again.

SR Number: DVD120806-01
TR Number: TR130321-040

Win 7 x64, admin access

I was playing with the older version of the software, as not all BD menu work properly in PDVD 13 (Brave is buggy for instance). Then suddenly there was this popup, asking for activation.

When i tried uninstalling and installing it again, just to make sure there were no issues which could be sorted this way, the problem still persists. Then i get an error message when i click on activate, it says, "
Cyberlink PowerDVD was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again." Man that sucks

Could someone please advise what needs to be done.

edit: right now it has gone into 30 days trial mode... i could cry
edit 2: i click on online media (youtube), it is playing youtube videos but not connecting to activation server.

thanks!'
Sri

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 16. 2013 01:30

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please get in touch with the support team.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi buddy, any luck with the support yet? Just to check, have you made some changes like system restore on your PC?
[Post New]
Support said that i need to buy the software from them, or authorized resellers. The fact that i bought the software proper, doesn't register, unless i buy from those channels.

I'm going to try and install it on another system. I haven't tried restore, as i forgot to set it up and it (default restore) got overwritten. Installing it on another system should work, since i've uninstalled it anyways from my system. Let us see... i do not get my new system for a couple of days at the least.

thanks for checking mate!
Sri V Mohan
[Post New]
Hi, I have an issue with PowerDVD13 not detecting my Yamaha RX-V773 AV receiver with 7.1 surround sound. All it sees is the PC running Win7 64 and the Realtek onboard audio or the SoundBlaster Recon3D sound card. I have the Realtek connected to a 2.1 computer sound system, the SB to a 5.1 headphone, and the Yamaha connected via the Asus mobo and Intel 3770K with HD4K graphics and audio output. Windows Media Center finds the Yamaha and plays back my movie collection in 5.1 or 7.1 just fine. However PowerDVD does not see it so I either play back audio via the 2.1 PC speakers or the 5.1 headphones.

I'm thinking of uninstalling PowerDVD13, then reinstalling it with the Yamaha turned on so that hopefully PDVD will discover it. I bought PDVD directly from Cyberlink and registered it, so I have the purchase email with the activation code. Anyway, sorry for the long intro, but my question is - do I have to deactivate it from Cyberlink (like you have to do with Adobe Photoshop - it only permits 2 activations without deactivating it beforehand), or can I just uninstall then reinstall with the activation codes?

TIA
[Post New]
I think you should have started your own thread...

Nevermind the above, here's what you can do.

You have to connect via HDMI, i wonder if you have spdif configured. You also need to check if your Intel software is up to date. You have to select Intel Display Audio as default device in order to out audio through to your receiver. I had a trouble configuring my clevo to do the same, but now my Pioneer SC-25 detects just fine on my laptop with i7 mobility quad, amd graphic card, which outs audio through hdmi.

Again, it is most likely the Intel software at play. Look online for other possible solutions.

Hope this works for you. Do let me know even if it doesn't.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2013 19:39

[Post New]
Hi Sri and thanks for your reply. Yes, everything is connected via HDMI 1.4 cables for 3D compatibility. I also updated all the drivers, but will check out the Intel Display Audio as you suggested. However as I mentioned Windows Media Center has no problem playing back the audio on the Yahama AV system. So obviously the hardware and software is working - just wonder why PDVD13 cannot see it - doesn't it use the Windows drivers and configuration settings?

I will post my question about deactivating PDVD13 to a tech support - don't want to risk having to buy it all over again like I did with Adobe Photoshop .

I'm also considering running an HDMI cable from the 2nd HDMI port on my AMD HD7970 graphics card directly to the Yamaha (it has 5 HDMI inputs plus 2 HDMI outputs), and bypassing the Intel GPU and Asus mobo HDMI port entirely. Will let you know how that turns out as well.