Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A burning issue
RayGuselli [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Barrow in Furness Joined: Mar 17, 2013 10:02 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondered if anyone can offer any help please to my original postinge here...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28439.page#156573

Would be mist grateful.

Best wishes and thank you

Ray
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just wondered if anyone can offer any help please to my original postinge here...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28439.page#156573

It might be best to cut/paste the original query to this forum as a new topic.

Still, after reading your text, it appears that you succeeded by first producing to disk, then burning a DVD with other utilities.
Is that not the case?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2013 14:05

RayGuselli [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Barrow in Furness Joined: Mar 17, 2013 10:02 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Borgus....yes, I did that but wanted to burn in PD....

However, out of interest, now established the problem may have been with the laptop because I tried to burn again using PD on desktop...and it worked.....

Suspect Laptop may have an issue but it is Intel I7, 8gb ram, quad core etc...so should have handled.....

Very best wishes...

Ray

if people find this interesting and worth noting I will copy the thread over in case it mat help others.....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ray -

Were you successful in burning your BR disc straight out of PD? or did you use another application?

Is your issue resolved now?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RayGuselli [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Tony...thank you for your interest.....

I could not get PD to burn on my laptop (although powerful) and so copied the files and PDS file to my desktop....which burned fine. (same spec as laptop)

I had however also used another program to burn a copy of the finished video and that was ok (on the desktop again)

I wonder if it may be that they laptop is struggling with such a large task and is overheating (despite running a large fan alongside it!!!)

However, I am going to see what happens when I try to burn something more sensible in size as this was approaching the Blu ray max size......a lot for any pc and /or program top handle.

Best wishes

Ray