Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You Tube upload failure. Is it a Firefox compatibility issue?
[Post New]
I can't upload direct to Youtube. I know this topic is somewhat aged but as a recent purchaser of PD6 latest version+patch I cannot enter text in the title and tag fields having set the permissionto allow upload.
The tech guys at cyberlink tell me it is a Firefox browser issue and suggested I load PD6 on another PC if possible as a test.
I notice Firefox wasn't mentioned in earlier posts.

fortunately I have 2 entirely different PC's both XPpro. one has Intel brains and IE6, the other a lesser spec AMD with IE7. both use Firefox by default and neither permit title or tag to be entered. Description is OK.

As a real acid test I have just installed the PD6 software on my work laptop, again XPpro, AMD, IE7 with Firefox as default brower and it works properly. I conclude that the problem lays beyond Firefox as both desktops have far more software on board.

Curiously I'm sure it worked a couple of times following installation on the Intel machine.

Yes, I've done the clean uninstall/reinstall.

Installation on the AMD machines is only temporary, neither have the processing power to cope properly with PD6.

It was suggested that I should try re-installing XP. Err no thanks, I'd rather pull my own teeth... and anyway XP has had its annual reinstall for this year!

If anyone has come up with a fix or a workaround I'd love to hear it.