Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie live search error
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I added "The Distinguished Gentleman" to my library. The DVD folder name is the same as the movie title. The result I got back for the art cover was "The Merry Gentleman". I did a search in MovieLive and it does have the correct movie. But for some reason the program selected a title different from the folder name even though it had a movie with an exact match.

My guess is the program is using a different search criteria instead of exact match it uses something like newest movie with 2 out 3 words correct.
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig, any news on this if you found another way already?
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
No, I ended up going with MyMovies and Windows Media Center. MyMovies collection allowed me to import all the information for both my disc files and discs. I found the accuracy very good in getting the right artwork and then easy to change if not correct. From WMC I then view my movies, and displays a message to mount a disc which then launches PowerDVD. Works great.

I think PowerDVD is now the best player, have tried many others, but PDVD13 is now the best. Cyberlink has just introduced the media library with artwork concept and has a ways to go, which given their track record in the past I am confident they will improve on this quite a bit. As a basic player there is no other match. Which is good, I would prefer Cyberlink to get moving playing solid before playing with the GUI stuff. This is different from other players which perfected the GUI before the player .. not good.

In the meantime, using MyMovies + WMC + PDVD13 is a winning combination. There is no better solution. Hopefully one day Cyberlink will update the GUI and we can then remove MyMovies and WMC.