Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade Path PD11 Ultimate to PD11 Ultimate Suite
DavidF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2012 19:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is there an upgrade from PD11 Ultimate to PD Ultimate Suite. All I can see in the upgrade paths are for Version 9 and 10 rather than 11.

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but I've looked through the site and can't find any reference to it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2013 20:48

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The PD11 Ultimate suite is just Pd11 and Photo Director, Color Director and audio Director sold as a package. If you bought PD11 Utlimate then you have to Purchase the others separate.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2013 21:00

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you can upgrade.

First, some clarification: PowerDirector Ultimate Suite includes PowerDirector, ColorDirector and AudioDirector but does not include PhotoDirector. Director Suite includes PowerDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector and PhotoDirector.

It is possible to go from PD11 to the PD11 Ultimate Suite at a lower price than purchasing ColorDirector and AudioDirector individually or having to buy the whole Suite when you already own PD11. I have received these upgrade offers when using PD11 and the offers appear in the Update/Upgrade box. Sometimes I get an offer to upgrade from PD11 to the PD11 Ultimate Suite, and sometimes I get an offer to upgrade from PD11 to the Director Suite, which adds PhotoDirector. Click on the Upgrade button and see what you get. Or contact Cyberlink directly.

I'm not sure I've seen these offers outside of PD11, if I find a link I'll post it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 27. 2013 02:08

wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
I asked about this a few weeks ago and was told No.
Suggestion to me was to request a refund for PD 11 then purchase the Suite.
I was within the refund period then.

Only "Upgrade" I can see now in About in PD11 is to PhotoDirector 4. Maybe there are sometimes offers but I think there should be an generally available upgrade path that would cost about the same (maybe just a little more) than the bundle bought alone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2013 02:28

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
DavidF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks for your replies everyone
Rob1492 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Upgrade screen shot attached.

As this offer is apparently linked to my registered copy of PD11, I am not including the URL.

[Thumb - UpgradePD11.JPG]
 Filename
UpgradePD11.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Upgrade 11 to 11 Suite
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2013 14:48

DavidF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Rob.

Mine is just showing the PhotoDirector 4 at the moment, but I'll keep checking and hopefully an offer will come up sometime.
Rob1492 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know what triggers the upgrade messages, but I suggest you make sure your copy of PowerDirector 11 is registered with Cyberlink, and do the same with trial versions of AudioDirector and ColorDirector. Perhaps the offer is given to those who tried these utilities but did not purchase them. Or maybe you have to own several Cyberlink products, I don't know. And if you get the upgrade offer, but cannot purchase it that instance, bookmark it for later.

Also, after the 30 day trial period of AudioDirector, I was offered $30 off.