Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Integrating Easy Screen Capture Video
chrisbull1950 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bahamas Joined: May 22, 2013 08:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a number of .avi files I created with Easy Screen Capture Video and I wish to include them into a video. When I look at the .avi videos in the preview screen of PowerDirector, everything is clear and sharp. However when I add them to the editing line in PD, I get a message saying that the file "might" be degraded.
It certainly is.
Is there some way of keeping and getting the quality I need in my PowerDirector product? Chris Bull
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a number of .avi files I created with Easy Screen Capture Video and I wish to include them into a video. When I look at the .avi videos in the preview screen of PowerDirector, everything is clear and sharp. However when I add them to the editing line in PD, I get a message saying that the file "might" be degraded.
It certainly is.
Is there some way of keeping and getting the quality I need in my PowerDirector product?

The view in the preview from a video on the timeline is lower resolution that permits the editing to take place with reasonable ease.
The video on the timeline has to be rendered on the fly, that is taxing for the computer.

You can change the resolution of the preview screen.

The final production will be of the full resolution (that you produce).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2013 15:49

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

chrisbull1950 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl,
I did produce my edited file into mp4 but found that the quality was still very poor..... Chris Bull
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What is the quality of the video from the capture device?
Use MediaInfo to find out, then attach the Text file here.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

As far as I know, most videos from a capture device are Standard Definition (720x480/576).

You cannot improve on that by producing to a higher resolution in Powerdirector. The higher resolution Video will look just as bad as the SD file that is the original.

If you want a definitive answer you can post some screen shots so we can see what you have.
And a 5 to 10 second clip from the Easy Capture Device.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2013 11:58

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

chrisbull1950 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

I took an .avi from Easy Screen Capture Video and "produced" it in PowerDirector as an .avi file. The quality wasn't great but better than mp2 or mp4 file.
Perhaps that is the middle way.
Cheers,
Chris Chris Bull
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi chrisbull1950 ,
The avi format you selected would not necessarily be the best for a video screen capture clip. Carl has asked for specific information so that he may assist you. He'll likely analysis the data and perhaps suggest a different format to render to.

If you need assistance in using the software and selections of "Easy Screen Capture Video" you'll need to approach the software company and not post here.

Forum Moderator
chrisbull1950 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The message I get from PowerDirector when I add the .avi file is
TV Format Conflict
The frame rate of the file you imported (200.00FPS) does not match the current project frame rate setting (29.97 FPS), so the quality may be degraded.
It is highly recommended that you use only video clips with the same frame rate in a project.

I am not too sure if this is Easy Screen Capture Video problem or a PowerDirector problem? Chris Bull
Carl312
[Post New]
chrisbull1950,

It may be you do not know how to attach files in this forum.

To attach files:
Use the PostReply button, not the Quick Reply button. Blue Attachments button below the Text box.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
This forum is not intended to provide product support for third party software. One editor* posted a link and full data and that has been removed. Thread has now been locked.
Forum Moderator

* not present in this thread after removal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2013 05:57