Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newblue Colorfast
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was able to create a NewBlue_Plugin_ColorFast_ENU.xml file with most of the controls and parameters mapped. This is the file that is suppose to be created on-the-fly when you install Colorfast.

The file goes in this folder on my machine, and the file is for English installations.

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue

I find that using Colorfast in Cyberlink is best done in keyframe mode where the controls are logically grouped together.

Xerox,

You may have solved the problem!

I was able to access the Colorfast controls after I downloaded and installed the XML file you created.

For those who want to try, follow Xerox's instructions, open PowerDirector, put a clip on the timeline, click on Newblue ColorFast from the Effects room and drag it to the Effects line. Then double click on it. That should bring up the Colorfast options.

I've only taken a quick look at it but this may be answer to get it working for now. Thanks Xerox!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2013 23:57

wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's in there listed under "Visual" effects as IDS_DSP_Vi_NEWBLUE_...

You won't be able to use the effect like it is. You can't tell which parameter is which as they all begin IDS_Vi_Param_NEWBLUE_C

I had this problem.
Emailed support and had an almost instant reply.
They sent a new xml file. Copied it to the plug-in directory and it works fine.

I'm fairly impressed with Colofast after playing with it last night. Lacking is curves and other visual levels but that's more a PD lack than Colofast - those features are available with other apps Colorfast supports.

I'd be tempted to buy it but, for a while at least, will wait and see if we get a "better" ColorDirector.
Love the mask in Colorfast once you learn to change the shape of it.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2013 04:09

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I think some of us here shamed NewBlue into doing something. Those f---s. They don't even test their software. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi guys

I have had this problem with Essentials I, II and III since last year (see attachment) and gave up with New Blu support. Its difficult but as I used these effects in Video Studio before I came over to Power Director I worked out which slider is which and what they do just to get by, but this is not ideal and would like to put it right when I re-install everything on a new PC I have coming in the next week or two, so I am interested to see where this thread goes and will create a support ticket with New Blu again.

I have installed them into two other video editing programs with no problem at all.

I heard back from NewBlue support and they gave me a link to download all three Essentials again but this time the link has PD in the address so I am assuming these ones are special ones for PD. I downloaded them last night but got called away so haven’t installed them to see if they work ok.

The point is though, the fact that these are designed for PD and not generic means NewBlue support are aware of the problem. I also pointed them to this thread.

I am happy to post the links on here if they work ok for me.

Just a quick update to say these new files worked great, I cant see why NewBlue dont send out an e-mail to registered users to say they had a specific file version for Power Director, I've been using them for months with trial and error due to no names on the sliders.

These are the links to directly download them and as you will see they are PD11 ones.

http://downloads.newbluefx.com/downloads/Cyberlink/PDR11/NewBlueVideoEssentialsForWindowsSetup14-120830.exe

http://downloads.newbluefx.com/downloads/Cyberlink/PDR11/NewBlueVideoEssentials2ForWindowsSetup14-121002.exe

http://downloads.newbluefx.com/downloads/Cyberlink/PDR11/NewBlueVideoEssentials3ForWindowsSetup14-120830.exe

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, some of the effects in those versions have bugs. Any of the effects where transparency is involved don't work. The thing to do is install those older versions first, then install the latest versions. The XML files from the old versions will be used by the new versions.

This topic has come up before many months ago in this forum, I think shortly after PowerDirector 11 was released. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that when I set up PD on my new PC. NewBlue effects are not cheap so you think they would get them right before selling them.

Cheers.
HeFed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2012 19:59 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Xerox. Got the trial working using your xml fix. Has anyone else noticed how choppy playback is when adding colorfast to an effect timeline? Eesh.
Rob1492 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Has anyone else noticed how choppy playback is when adding colorfast to an effect timeline? Eesh.

Can you be more specific about what you are doing that gives choppy playback? Also, what kind of computer system do you have?
HeFed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Rob1492, I have a movie that runs about 1 minute, composed of 8 short clips. I apply ColorFast to the effects timeline. Doesn't matter if I apply it to just one clip or the entire movie, the playback window is very choppy. If I remove the effect, playback is normal again. I have a Win 7 box, i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce GT 530 2GB.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2013 16:43

Rob1492 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have about the same computer system, a little less memory, but with Win 8 64 (doubt that makes any difference). Certainly sounds like your system can handle it.

I can apply a Colorfast preset on a clip on the timeline, have the Colorfast effect end, then reapply it, etc., and don't experience any playback problems, but I'm going to try some more involved experiments.
Xerox [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rob1492,

Try dragging the effect to the "Effect" track instead of directly onto the clip. How does it play back then?

Xerox. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
HeFed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Xerox, I don't think Rob1492 is having any playback problems; it's me. I tried applying the ColorFast effect to both the effects track and the clip track, and get the same choppy playback. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver (dated 5/12/2013, clean install).
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks to you, Xerox.

I downloaded your xml file, and translate it in french (my french!!!). Now, it's good for me, and I can use Colorfast. Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

You won't be able to use the effect like it is. You can't tell which parameter is which as they all begin IDS_Vi_Param_NEWBLUE_C

I had this problem.

I'm fairly impressed with Colofast after playing with it last night. Lacking is curves and other visual levels but that's more a PD lack than Colofast - those features are available with other apps Colorfast supports.

I'd be tempted to buy it but, for a while at least, will wait and see if we get a "better" ColorDirector.

wjr002,

Can you link that XML here so we can have a look?
thanks.
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Xerox, I don't think Rob1492 is having any playback problems; it's me. I tried applying the ColorFast effect to both the effects track and the clip track, and get the same choppy playback. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver (dated 5/12/2013, clean install).

Preview/Playback window can be choppy at times depending on effects.

Does it look smooth when you Produce a video file?
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

I had this problem.

wjr002,

Can you link that XML here so we can have a look?
thanks.

Sure. I've attached it.
"Please copy the attached file here and then restart PDR11:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue" was the instructions.
 Filename
NewBlue_PlugIn_ColorFast_ENU.xml
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
369 time(s)
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
HeFed [Avatar]
[Post New]
For anyone else experiencing choppy playback, I figured it out. I usually preview in Full HD. Dropping it back to HD helped a little, but the smoothest playback is High Preview. I forked over the dough for ColorFast because I think it's the best color correction tool we have at our disposal.