Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom non anamorphic widescreen DVDs
BlastFX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2013 14:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Basically I have a 16:9 (Full HD) monitor and am trying to play some old non anamorphic DVDs (there are black bars on top and bottom encoded in 4:3 video). The result is that there are black bars all around and small picture in the middle.
How can I zoom in on the picture in the middle? I've only figured out how to stretch the picture vertically but that doesn't remove the black bars on top and bottom and it screws up the aspect ratio. The Pan&Scan options are grayed out.
I love PowerDVD but I recently acquired a rather large collection of non-anamorphic DVDs, so if this isn't resolved, I might jump ships.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2013 16:13

jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I can't seem to reproduce this issue. But have you found any work around on this by any chance?
BlastFX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2013 14:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have. It's called Zoom Player :-/
But it's really strange. It seems I only had problem with region 2 non anamorphic DVDs. I have a couple of region 1 ones and those worked fine.