Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation Exceeded on PowerDVD12 Ultra
Krisbutler1972 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Aug 24, 2012 07:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a issue reinstalling PowerDVD ultra 12- machine was rebuilt the other night and upon reinstalling, the program throws up an error that "number of activations exceeded-contact support"

I logged a support ticket on sunday (Support ticket# CS001262542), but still no response.

Can someone please reset my product key asap , as I am working away at the mo and want to watch blu-rays in my hotel room!!

Thanks

Kris
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,well you are not the only one with this activation-problem!
We have the same problem,bought on CD,with key,from the CyberLink-site,and now we get this message as you described all the time!!
Waiting for a solution for several days now,still cant use my program anymore!
Asked for how many times you are allowed to reinstall,without losing key, still no answer!!

Want to upgrade to PowerDVD13,but dont know how to do this,asked support;still no anwer!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Krisbutler1972 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can understand software activation/protection, but this is being installed on the same machine and hardware!!! crazy.... and a distinct lack of action on Cyberlink's behalf - but they are still emailing me to ask if I want to purchase a PDVD 13 licence...

All I want is to be able to watch my films with my paid for product...
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
After a few days finally got my activation back!! Took some time,but everything OK now!
I would say;dont give up,support helps you,but you need some patience and cooperation!

Still dont know how many times you are allowed to reinstall the program,without losing activation!!
Still waiting for support about this question,maybe can avoid this annoying activation-problem for next time,but it keeps strange if you can not activate your own bought software anymore, because you had to reinstall a few times,on your own machine!!
Good luck,you will succeed like I did! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Krisbutler1972 [Avatar]
[Post New]
had a response to my ticket and activation working again...

I too, would like to know how many times I can reinstall and why it doesn't recognise same-hardware config

jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like this was a system wide issue and all users having this got automatically fixed!