Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade from PD 5 Express NE to PD 6 ?
Anna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2008 15:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought an upgrade and NOW im wondering..
The upgrade does not work because i need PD 4 or higher...

I bought a jvc camera that contained PD 5 Express Ne.. when i then became a member here i was able to go to a page where you could buy an upgrade to PD 6.

Part of text was: "If you have enjoyed PowerDirector Express, get the complete magic tools and powerful editing features with this exclusive price for JVC users."
"This limited offer is exclusive for customers who already have PowerDirector 5 Express NE. But this upgrade process won't uninstall your existing PowerDirector 5 NE Express, PowerCinema for NE Everio, and PowerProducer 3.7 NE."

There is nowhere on that page that it says anything about not being able to have the upgrade if you dont have PD 4 or 5..
So i wonder if it is a missguiding page..

Or can you upgrade from PD 5 Express Ne, if not what to do with the PD 6 iv just bought ?

// confused new member

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anna,

Here are a number of suggestions and a request.

I would like to know the url of what you read - so i can read it and pass on a comment to CyberLink.

Let me know how you get on - PM me if you wish.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

I've edited this posting

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2008 09:13

Anna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi..

Here is the page:

http://www.cyberlink.com/oem/jvc/upsell/enu/index_4.jsp?BBnLangId=14&OSREGION=&LANGUAGE=Sve&BBProductId=31&BBProdVerId=249&VENDORNAME=2999&BUILDNO=3408&MAJORVER=5&BBProdVerTypeId=966&BB_ID=5625&TYPE=&SR=CDS071019-02&PATTERNID=10512&PRODUCTVERSION=5.0&CHANNEL=OEM&BU=CLJ&BBnOSRegion=-1&BBnChannel=1&DEVICE=&VERSIONTYPE=SEP&PRODUCTNAME=PowerDirector%20Express&MINORVER=00&affiliate=2999_249_7_CDS071019-02_0

If it doesnt work perhaps i can do a print screen instead ? Just let me know. I find the page by going into my PD 5 Express Ne and click on upgrades but i hope you can come there by this link..

// Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anna,

I've read the posting.

Please send me your email address and full name (by PM).

I'll contact CyberLink and should have an answer for you. I'll pass on your contact details to them. I basically think you'll need a replacement download - that's for CyberLink to decide and after you've given your details etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2008 12:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same issue here. I was offered the upgrade directly after installing the free ver. I have raised a call with Cyberlink, hopefully wont take too long. Maybe the JVC ver is not seen as a full enough product? But I was definitely offered this upgrade path.

Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Chris,

I have sent you a PM asking for various details. I forgot to ask, what camera are you using?

Dafydd
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2008 12:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Got info on install plus links for full ver from Cyberlink, am trying the job just now and will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Anna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again..

Everything went fine ! I recived another version of PD 6 and installed it, so far so good but when i went to start up PD from the icon on my desktop...
..then this came up: Runtime Error..

But i was able to correct the problem by right clicking on Power Director. Go to Properties. Go to Compatibility.
Check the box that says "Run as Administrator". Now it start whitout any problems

// Take care, out there.. speciel thanks to Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 09. 2008 01:50

Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2008 11:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
FAO: Dafydd or any moderator
I have exactly the same problem as described here

Please Help

Steve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2008 16:12

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've sent you a PM with instructions.

1. I'll need a proof of purchase - sales invoice information.
2. your email address.

I send off the data to the right person at CyberLink. You are then contacted by CyberLink.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2008 11:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for getting my problem sorted quickly - much appreciated
Steve
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2008 18:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Same problem as these people. Have a JVC Everio with PowerDirector 5 NE, and cannot install upgrade to PowerDirector 6. Please send me a message with what I need to fix this. Thanks.

David
Kathy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2008 16:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as well, same camera, but I was able to buy the upgrade install it, but then I got a runtime error when I tried to open it. Please help. Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kathy - what was the runtime error?

Can you post this in as a NEW Topic (start a topic your own) as I think your error is different from the previous postings?

Dafydd