Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with DTS and AC3 Audio
z-machine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2013 12:40 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
i have problem with DTS and AC3 Audio in PowerDVD 13. if i want to play my MKV files the video is ok, but there isn't audio.. i thought that was good to install K-Lite Codec Pack but it didn't solve it anyway... i have red that codecs already came with the program... i have already updated my audio driver.. i'm used to play the same file in powerdvd 12, i have done no change to system. in the mkv file there are 2 type of audio, a dts and an aac, if i switch in aac track, audio works, while if i set dts or ac3, audio doesn't work. here some specs:

Sound Card: Creative X-fi Titanium
5.1 Configuration

MKV File Info

Generale
ID univoco : 177409730012419706124294172900122418831 (0x8577DF0366DC9731A2001E349B07DE8F)
Nome completo : F:\**********.mkv
Formato : Matroska
Versione formato : Version 2
Dimensione : 17,4 GiB
Durata : 4o 23min
Bitrate totale : 9.449 Kbps
Data codifica : UTC 2011-07-07 18:39:39
Creato con : mkvmerge v4.8.0 ('I Got The...') built on May 24 2011 03:12:58
Compressore : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
ID : 1
Formato : AVC
Formato/Informazioni : Advanced Video Codec
Profilo formato : High@L4.1
Impostazioni formato, CABAC : Si
Impostazioni formato, ReFrames : 4 frame
ID codec : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bitrate nominale : 7.522 Kbps
Larghezza : 1.920 pixel
Altezza : 796 pixel
Rapporto aspetto visualizzazione : 2,40:1
Modalità frame rate : Costante
Frame rate : 23,976 fps
Spazio colore : YUV
Croma subsampling : 4:2:0
Profondità bit : 8 bit
Tipo scansione : Progressivo
Bit/(pixel*frame) : 0.205
Titolo : Video Bitrate = 7622 kbps [ENCODED by Wiggaz]
Compressore : x264 core 115 r2008 4c552d8
Impostazioni compressione : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=7522 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / zones=347560,378718,q=27
Lingua : ******
Default : Si
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Formato : DTS
Formato/Informazioni : Digital Theater Systems
Profilo formato : ES
Modo : 16
Impostazioni formato, Endianness : Big
ID codec : A_DTS
Modalità bitrate : Costante
Bitrate : 1.509 Kbps
Canali : 7 canali / 6 canali
Posizione canali : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48,0 KHz
Profondità bit : 24 bit
Modo compressione : Con perdita
Ritardo video : 22ms
Dimensione della traccia : 2,77 GiB (16%)
Titolo : DTS-ES *** 6.1 1509 kbps
Lingua : *********
Default : Si

Audio #2
ID : 3
Formato : AAC
Formato/Informazioni : Advanced Audio Codec
Profilo formato : HE-AAC / LC
ID codec : A_AAC
Canali : 2 canali
Posizione canali : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48,0 KHz / 24,0 KHz
Modo compressione : Con perdita
Titolo : AAC *** 2.0 Q=0.3
Lingua : ********
Default : No

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 29. 2013 12:45

z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
no one can help me? please...
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
do you use the Trial or Full Version of PowerDVD?
Please check and post the related info.

Please also check the audio settings - I guess you use Decoding by PowerDVD, right?

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
do you use the Trial or Full Version of PowerDVD?
Please check and post the related info.

Please also check the audio settings - I guess you use Decoding by PowerDVD, right?

greetings
Michael

i have the full version ( in the information says that i have ultra version).
if i play the movie (information in the first post) powerdvd switches automatically in the aac audio track, and if i change the track into the DTS one it says that "PowerDVD does not support the playback of this media format." i have noticed that if i go to player option/Information... in the hardware information field under "audio device to multiple speakers" it says not detected...
so i think that powerdvd doesn't recognize my audio system... how can i solve it? in windows control panel speakers are set in surroud 5.1... if i play with any other player ( vlc, powerdvd 12, quicktime) audio works.

i have noticed that in the creative control panel (image in the attachment) under encoding Dolby Digital / DTS it is deactivated.. and i can't choose the other options (DDL or DTS Connect) and give me this message (operation failed. try again or reinstall application)... i try to update ddl and dts connect from creative site but it can't solve the problem.. is that the problem?

thanks for your support.
[Thumb - Cattura.jpg]
 Filename
Cattura.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Control Panel
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
575 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2013 12:09

z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: i am having the same problem please guide me with reply on aa01biz@gmail.com

i will be thankful to you

if i'll solve this problem i'll email you with the solution... can you tell me your specs and if powerdvd 12 work well even for you?
z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
other things i play some music in vlc and i have full control from the creative control panel, and i have all enhancements of my x-fi titanium..... exactly the opposite situation with powerdvd 13... only left and right front speaker works well, the other are extremely low... why? because powerdvd use his own options for enhancements? i think that vlc can't be better than powerdvd... but in my case is extremely better!!! even with spotify the sound is better and clear than powerdvd..!!!!!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2013 15:23

z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
sorry, bu it looks if the driver may be defect?

can you post more information, e.g.
- DXDIAG log file
- describe the Audio cabeling more detailed
- are there other audio devices active at the same time?
- is the Audio card the default audio card in the system
- what are the detailed settings of the card
- what are the Windows detailed audio settings
- the PowerDVD audio settings (output / conection)

br

Werde Facebook Fan
z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorry, bu it looks if the driver may be defect?

can you post more information, e.g.
- DXDIAG log file
- describe the Audio cabeling more detailed
- are there other audio devices active at the same time?
- is the Audio card the default audio card in the system
- what are the detailed settings of the card
- what are the Windows detailed audio settings
- the PowerDVD audio settings (output / conection)

br
Michael

- dxdiag log file txt in the attachments
- my sound system is logitech z506 5.1 and my sound card is a "Creative X-Fi Titanium"... i have 3 cable, front L/R, read L/R, Center/Subwoofer
-i have deactivated in bios the onboard sound card of my motherboard and i don't have any other sound devices plugged
-my sound card is default audio card in the system and it's the only sound card showned
-detailed setting of my sound card in the attachments
-windows detailed setting in the attachments
-powerdvd detailed setting in the attachments

thanks for the support

Filename
Setting.zip
[Disk]
 Description
various setting
 Filesize
1053 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
613 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,
in the advanced Audio settings of PowerDVD 13 you can try to set output mode from "True Theater Surround" to "No Effect". The Speaker environment should be set to 6 Speaker, as you already did.

it seems that you try to use different Improvements at the same time (from PDVD and from your sound card)

From the DXDIAG I can see that the driver is not WHQL - you should install a WHQL driver.

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
z-machine [Avatar]
[Post New]
in the advanced Audio settings of PowerDVD 13 you can try to set output mode from "True Theater Surround" to "No Effect". The Speaker environment should be set to 6 Speaker, as you already did.

it seems that you try to use different Improvements at the same time (from PDVD and from your sound card)

From the DXDIAG I can see that the driver is not WHQL - you should install a WHQL driver.

greetings
Michael

i have tried to set to deactivate either pdvd and sound card effects.. but still not work....drivers of my sound card are from the original site so should be the officials... if you know where to find it post me the link... Holy Crap why pdvd doesn't work..

[update]

i have noticed that even if i have set 6 speaker and i have it all plugged, only the front left and right works....i think this is the problem.. i can't reproduce 5.1 track because pdvd use only stereo ( 2.1, left and right front speakers). but how i can solve it? in the pdvd options is set 6 speakers.
i find that if i set the output "headset" all 5 speakers works, when if i set "6 speakers" as output i can have only front speakers working.... why?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at May 12. 2013 11:20

hai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2013 05:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I meet the same problem, but the PWD12 just wroks fine on the same pc
Cybercial [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2013 02:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The issue could be caused by the DTS and the AC3 codec. If your device does not support DTS codec, when you play it, there is no sound. You can find a solution giving quite clear explanation of it by typing "convert MKV DTS to MKV AC3 or convert MKV DTS to AC3 5.1 or convert MKV DTS to AAC" in Google.
ghnabs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2013 01:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I use a very nice DTS Converter. It is called Bigasoft Total Video Converter. It can handle all the DTS issues. Find it in Google if you prefer.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2014 14:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem now. I updated in December and had no problems. Played all my files with sound. As of two days ago, it doesn't play DVD's with sound and most of my files play with no sound. I will give Bigasoft Total Video Converter and see if that helps. Did anyone get a solution?
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2014 20:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem. No sound in PDVD.
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest the following:

0. check if you have base Version and latest patch and Product Key ready!
1. uninstall PowerDVD
2. reboot
3. install PowerDVD 13 base buid
4. start PDVD 13 and activate
5. install latest patch

if the issue persists please get in contact with our technical Support Team

thx

Werde Facebook Fan