Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recovery from Programme crash
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I was importing a short MP3 sound clip and PD11 froze and could not be rescued. I should have changed the clip to a WAV file which later worked just fine. I was forced to use Windows Task Manager to close the programme.

On reconnecting to PD11 I was offered the 'saved' file which reopened the project. However, whilst the Timeline was correct in all respects, each of the transitions had minor frame issues eg it was the correct transition but repeated a frame from the preceding media as it opened to the next media. Difficult to explain, sorry It was not associated with one specific transition but with all that I had used, each of which had to be removed from the timeline and then reinstalled to correct the error ... was a big task!

Is this something 'we' know about and for which there is a solution?

For those new to PD11 I will add that the programme crash in my opinion was due to the fact that I forgot to reboot my pc prior to using a video editing, resource hungry, programme ... so my fault.
Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Just so I understand- rephrased a different way:

PD is cutting off the last frame of a clip and repeating that frame at the beginning of the next clip after the transition?

Not sure if PD is some how merging the clips that are already open, thus the repeating.

You wouldn't happen to have a screen shot or better yet a small video sample of the repetitions before you re-edited and fixed the timeline?

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Hei Rob ... you got it in one!
Foolishly I did not capture the problem so I can't repeat it. If it occurs again then I will at least try to get a screen shot. Since there have been no other comments it is obviously not an issue with PD11 that needs Cyberlink to investigate. I'll put it down to 'one of those things'...
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
[Post New]
Quote: I was importing a short MP3 sound clip and PD11 froze and could not be rescued. I should have changed the clip to a WAV file which later worked just fine. I was forced to use Windows Task Manager to close the programme.
For those new to PD11 I will add that the programme crash in my opinion was due to the fact that I forgot to reboot my pc prior to using a video editing, resource hungry, programme ... so my fault.
Ron

Most times it hangs and PD11 is forced closure, reopening it offers to reopen the project in progress that crashed, mostly reopens plain from the locked position.
For the case that returned corrupted, we reopen the project from saved for me if I forgot to save the project or a long time, I will get to the last autosave aterior save this probably good.
Sorry I do understand bad your problem. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I know I had PD 11 crash on me right after I installed the last update. I did reboot the computer after the install. But it's not crash on me anymore. I will keep my finger cross. I did have it when I went to produce a 12 minute clip to a mpeg 4 1080P clip the file was like 4kb in size. I have no ideal what was going on there. I deleted the file rebooted the produce it again same setting went ok.

I will say when I'm editing I do a save project as.. every 5 minutes or I do something what I don't want to do over I save the project then. Never know then power or something might happen. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
RonH
[Post New]
Thanks for inputs. I guess that my problem was just 'one of those things' but I mentioned it just in case it has been observed before by others. I have auto save set to 2 minutes but this can still be a loss of many tasks if programme crashes ... I try to remember to manually save immediately if I have a complex edit.
Regards the latest update, I am holding off until I have completed my current project.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
heh- yep we are all on the same page.

I have learnt to save after almost everything I do in PD.
I also have my auto save set to every 5 mins.

Lately though I have noticed I hardly have any hangs and unexplained crashes since the 2707 update.
(Knock on wood.) I also tweaked a whole bunch of PD settings to make it smoother and less taxing on the computer system to try and eliminate these unexplained glitches. So far so good.

Of course the more complex and lengthy the project I am working on is the more often I click save out of force of habit.

Also it doesn't hurt to be one with the keyboard: the shortcut Ctrl + S is every ones friend- use it or lose it !

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be