Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR 11 up grade 2707
ChasCall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2013 12:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks, I am looking for some help about a problem I'm having with PRD 11.

After installing the 2707 upgrade I am experiencing slow operation from PDR 11, specifically the time it takes when I move the pointer on the time line is now taking like a slow 5 count to get up and running whereas it responded in an eye blink b4 installing the upgrade. I have a backup HD that has PRD 11 on it which has not been upgraded and its operation is just fine. Anybody know what's happening here?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi folks, I am looking for some help about a problem I'm having with PRD 11.

After installing the 2707 upgrade I am experiencing slow operation from PDR 11, specifically the time it takes when I move the pointer on the time line is now taking like a slow 5 count to get up and running whereas it responded in an eye blink b4 installing the upgrade. I have a backup HD that has PRD 11 on it which has not been upgraded and its operation is just fine. Anybody know what's happening here?

Hi ChasCall,
FYI I have removed two posts which had been transferred by another Moderator to this forum from the PowerDVD forum.

Regarding your problem. Please provide more information: Part A (more info than what you've provided), B, E &F will assist you in the guide. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
1. Full diagnostic data.
2. Full screen shot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu.
3. Screenshot of the About window.

The data will help members , help you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2013 14:20

ChasCall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I'm having some difficulty with my screen shot app. When I activate it the PDR 11 app minimizes and I have nothing left to capture. The PDR about screen does verify that it is the 2707 version. I'll have to work on how to capture a screen shot of PDR 11 on my system.

I will say that I am sometimes using PDR to chop up longer scenes into several independent projects. I do this by splitting and then cutting out the unwanted remainder of the clip. I then save the remainder to a project, paste back in the cut part of the clip, split at the next juncture, cut remainder and save the rest as a project file, and I keep doing this until I have completed the task of splitting the original into the several parts I want. It is during this process that the slow operation becomes apparent. I'll check some more and see if I can nail the problem down better.
ChasCall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I moved back to PDR 2615 version from the upgrade 2707 version and PDR 11 works faster and finer than 2707 was doing. After awhile I will upgrade again and see if the slow timeline update problem reoccurs. Also, I am noticing faster operation with PDR 2615 in doing productions and also in burning to disk. I will be back in a day or so to report what happens.

I know it is almost impossible for someone to analyze a problem like I was having on the far side of the internet. I only posted to see if others were reporting the same problems with the upgrade, but apparently not. My system did get contaminated by an ill advised download along about the same time that I installed 2707, but it was mostly apps that I had to clean out of my system. There is some chance that 2707 may be innocent, but I will find out in a day or so.

My thanks for everyone that paid attention to my post.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi folks, I am looking for some help about a problem I'm having with PRD 11.
After installing the 2707 upgrade I am experiencing slow operation...

A later build is now up on the server; might be worth a test.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2013 00:09