Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 5 wont burn
Tacon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2006 18:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Here's the story. Recently upgraded to 5.0. Did not get around to using
the software until two days ago. burned a 30 minute DVD from some
previously captured video. The 1st dvd burn went fine, and I have a
source DVD now (thank goodnes).

After viewing the DVD on the home theater, decided that I could make a
few tweaks of the effects/titles. Did just that, minor changes. Added
nothing, changed nothing in any real way. Since then, I have been unable
to burn a DVD using that source, no matter what I do. It consistantly
fails at 34%, at which point the computer just goes to sleep and all
burning stops (task manager shows 0 to 1% cpu utilization, as compared to 90 to 100% during rendering/burning) Again, it always fails at 34%. I have tried copying the project to a new project, I've even started over from scratch and it does not help.

I've removed content, effects, titles etc. I've just tried burning the
video with no other content. I've read the forums, defragged my drives,
reinstalled the software, etc.

I have an e6600 Core 2 duo, with 2gigs ram, 1 terabyte of drivespace, 600mb is raid 0. I've just build this system and it is state of the art.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what possible causes could be at play here? My alternative is to go back to PD 4.0, as I had nothing but sucess with it, but I would really like to stay with 5.0 as its new features are compelling.

Thanks in advance,

Braun Tacon
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I believe there is a fix for that, go to downloads for PD5, also, are you also creating an image file while burning, that causes problems for me, so I settle for burning a disc, without an image file. Good luck. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!