Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10ultra to PD11ultimate issues
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2013 14:33 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
hi
this is the first time i've posted in these forms.
i've just purchased PD11 ultimate but have had issues right from the start.

I couldn't uninstall PD10 so I tried deleting it manually. so and so forth. I've used the cyberlink uninstalls to no help.

I've reinstalled PD10. I get either simcode error or cdkey.dll issue.

this is driving me crazy.

PD10 worked perfectly before hand.

i'm using window 7 with 64bit system.

thanks
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You should have left previous PD as is or uninstall through windows not by just deleting folders. PD versions add registry entries and if they are not removed properly cause problems, and there are hidden folders that you cannot access through file manager.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
the stuff must be in the hidden folders as I did go into the registry.
is there a why to get rid of all info regarding PD version without wiping the hard drive
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If you download CCleaner (free) if cleans up registry settings just make sure you check for the right stuff.
Jim
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
tried that as well.

probably will have to contact support.

thanks
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
One of the confusing bits about installing a new version- some software requires a clean install others require an older version to already be installed on your system. PD needs the older versions in order to update.

Try installing your new PD 11 update.

When done run it.
It should ask for your PD 10 Serial / key- enter it.

Then it will ask for you PD 11 update Serial / key. Enter that and cross your fingers this works.

If not download this search tool- much faster and more powerful than the default system search- it's free / donate ware and it's called "Everything" .. http://www.voidtools.com/download.php

Now off to hunt for any remnants of the older PD 10 - repeat installing it and updating.
If not try Tech support or combing the registry to find the remnants.

Rob

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Rob. I'll try that tool.

I did something so I can't even get to the point the system asks me to enter a key in.
I'll try tonight to see if that software will find everything.
there is something that changes the .exe file from PD10.exe to PD11.exe when I try to reinstall PD10.

hopefully that works. I may just have to wipe the who system clean and start over.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
PD 10 and PD11 they go to different directories on C: drive...PD10 (64Bit) goes to Programs directory...PPD11 (64Bit) goes to Program (*86) directory.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2013 12:03

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
for some reason mine doesn't. the program 86 folder just contains shared items.
the program folder for cyberlink includes the pdr11.exe file but it appears when I'm reinstall pdr10 not 11. it renames it to pdr11.

I deleted anything with regards to cyberlink even in the .ini files.

i'll i may just have to wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything.
there seems to be an issue when it asks to delete prior version of PDR10 that it goes into a loop and starts up new window asking the same question over and over and over again.
so I think there is a corrupt file somewhere that's causing all the issues.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Wait !

Before you wipe the drive, download the trail version of Revo Uninstaller Pro. It is designed to remove partially installed programs. Use the MODERATE Mode and use the forced uninstall option. Let us know if it works.

Most people will not recommend a registry cleaner but this one uses the program uninstaller first then searches for registry items an folders. It is the safest one I've seen and tried. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yup tried that. didn't work.

I've tried a few different ways nothing worked.
I would go through everything using the program and forcing it closed even the content packs and then try to reinstall PDR10. it would install the progam but never ask if I want to start the program or anything just stop. I would then go into my folders and look for the .exe file in the PDR10 folder and the program would be PDR11.exe not PDR10.exe which it should be named.
I would click on it and I would get the cdkey.dll missing error.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You got that with the Pro version; Forced Install option?

Have you looked at trying to restore your computer to an earlier time using Windows Restore? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ohhhhh that's a good idea steve.
will try the more obvious approach.
Phamilton3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
so restored back to just before the install. had to do a little this and that but in the end I got PDR11 installed. though i do have PDR10 still installed as well. taking up space.
but at least its working.

thanks everyone.