Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PLEASE HELP! URGENT. VERY PERSONAL. FRAMES ARE FROZEN. HAVE TO DELIVER TODAY.
thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 07:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
All,

I do not want to get into the details of why this film is so important but please trust me on that.

I just bought a Lenovo desktop machine with 12 gb ram so it should be good at making movies (see attached screen shot of comp info). I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card and the card is up to date. I am running Windows 8 and PD 11 Deluxe (if the fix is upgrading to ultra/ultimate please let me know). I just completed my movie and there are several issues.

1) I have deleted images but they remain in the rendering screen during playback; are distorted; and overlapping. How can I fix this? This transfers to the produced movie as well.

2) The fades are not working properly. They are staccato and fade out when they are supposed to fade in (this is only happening on some of the fades).

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much in advance.

E
[Thumb - Comp info.png]
 Filename
Comp info.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
100 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2013 13:35

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: All,
I do not want to get into the details of why this film is so important but please trust me on that.
I just bought a Lenovo desktop machine with 12 gb ram so it should be good at making movies (see attached screen shot of comp info). I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card and the card is up to date. I am running Windows 8 and PD 11 Deluxe (if the fix is upgrading to ultra/ultimate please let me know). I just completed my movie and there are several issues.
1) I have deleted images but they remain in the rendering screen during playback; are distorted; and overlapping. How can I fix this? This transfers to the produced movie as well.
2) The fades are not working properly. They are staccato and fade out when they are supposed to fade in (this is only happening on some of the fades).
Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you so much in advance.
E

Hi thehouseguy1,
Members will need more basic detail. Please provide the following from the guide, Part A, B, E & F
Diagnostic files, Screenshots of the Edit Workspace, full screen.
Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Forum Moderator
thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow. You have a great system setup on this forum. I hope it works.

Here are my attachments. I blacked out my personal images (because I am not the only one in them)
[Thumb - Ian B - PD Screenshot 2.JPG]
 Filename
Ian B - PD Screenshot 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)
 Filename
Ian B - DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)
[Thumb - Ian B - PD Screenshot 1.JPG]
 Filename
Ian B - PD Screenshot 1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Here's a quick spot.
1. Update your graphic card driver by visiting the Nvidia site.
RE: " Driver Date/Size: 8/18/2012"

2. Re: Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 1747.4 GB
Total Space: 1880.8 GB

I've seen some (on this forum and only by observation) of these 2 terabyte drives cause problems for editors on the forum. If you have them set to an energy saving please make sure you have everything "active" and not allowed to go into sleep mode. Might be a speed/read/write issue with them.

3. The images are useless to me. I wanted to view the Library content. NOT HELPFUL at all!
Uncheck Shadow Edit files in Preferences/General and in Confirmation in Preferences.

Please be aware that we're not interested in who or what you have recorded. We're interested in what the make up of your clips are etc and you should have provided better images.

Dafydd
thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My apologies. Let me see if you suggestions work. If not, I will re-post with the images un-blocked. I'm sorry about that. And I really appreciate your feedback.
thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well. I installed the driver update and restarted my computer. Turned on PowerDirector and all the fades were working properly with no bleed AND THEN it started having the fades turn staccato again.

Attached is my full screen shot unedited.

Thank you again.
[Thumb - Ian B - Screenshot of working menu.png]
 Filename
Ian B - Screenshot of working menu.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1073 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also boosted power to turbo.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Difficult to understand what is going on-

Are you saying the timeline is automatically splitting from video 2 to video 4 with the fades going crazy from what the pic shows?
(You are not intentionally placing the mp4s and then fades on different timelines are you ?)

Have you already tried starting a new project and just using one timeline such as video 1 and audio 1 instead- in other words redoing the entire thing in a different .pds file ? PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi thehouseguy1 ,

Thank you for the attachment.

I agree with the observations made by RobAC.

I've attached an image - not a solution but a quick attempt to replicate the transition use and to confirm it is a do-able. What your transitions are may have a bearing on the situation and that may mean they're not being processed together very well.

A suggestion or two.

1. Don't use an mp3 in a project, convert the file to wma or wav and replace in the tracks.
2. Careful about doubling up on the transitions in case that's what is causing the display issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpd11-201206-pd541.png]
 Filename
sdukpd11-201206-pd541.png
[Disk]
 Description
Independent transitions
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2013 06:02

thehouseguy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
All,

Thank you so much for your quick replies on this. You are incredible. I cannot share with you in words how important this video was and you helped me when I needed it.

Thank you again.

Ian