Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 11 update
Mowaffak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 20:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi friends, I am receiving a notification to update PD 11. I am reluctant because I have read a thread whose writer was speaking about disturbed performance after installing the update? Any advice on that?

Thanks, Mowaffak
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mowaffak -

The only issue I've come across with the latest patch (because of playsound's post) is this - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27989.page

Aside from that, all is well with the 2707 patch here.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mowaffak,
I'm really "old school" when it comes to video editing with computers. "If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it". Take a look at the changes in the patch, are you affected by any of them? If you are then patch, if not, hang back.

If you have a problem using PDR11, you'd be asked to upgrade and then an issue would be looked at. If you don't have any issues and PDR11 is functioning fine for you - carry on with your set up.

I've see many editors post new issues when they have updated their OS with a patch, so be aware of OS updates as well.

Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like a worthwhile update patch to me.

[Thumb - PD11 2707.png]
 Filename
PD11 2707.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Mowaffak,
I'm really "old school" when it comes to video editing with computers. "If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it". Take a look at the changes in the patch, are you affected by any of them? If you are then patch, if not, hang back.

If you have a problem using PDR11, you'd be asked to upgrade and then an issue would be looked at. If you don't have any issues and PDR11 is functioning fine for you - carry on with your set up.

I've see many editors post new issues when they have updated their OS with a patch, so be aware of OS updates as well.

Dafydd
Mowaffak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 20:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you all, I definitely agree with Dafydd. The current version is running fine. But it seems that no serious issues are their with the new patch. I will review it and make my mind.

Thanks,

Mowaffak
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Just to add to this, it depends on the prgm. If it is working as should I usually lleave it alone. But the tweaker in me thiniks hey what does this shiny new update do... and then I break down and install it. It up works better I keep it- if not I downgrade to the older version. (Which can be a pain and involve a total re-install. So be aware.)

This new update- 2707 to me seems a lot more stable. I can throw a lot more transitions etc. into my videos and the prgm won't get crazy and quit for some unexplained reason. So this update gets the thumbs up from me. Your mileage of course may vary.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be