Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insert some time into the timeline
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is there an easy way to insert some time into the middle of the timeline? I.e, move everything after a certain point forwards, so I have space for something new?
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there an easy way to insert some time into the middle of the timeline? I.e, move everything after a certain point forwards, so I have space for something new?
Just insert the something new in between the 2 clips where you want it. You could use a color space as a de facto placeholder, but once you have a clip to go in that space you'd have to remove it.
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Does that only work with video clips? I am trying to insert something into the titles, and I can't get it to push everything else back so that it has more time for itself.
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does that only work with video clips? I am trying to insert something into the titles, and I can't get it to push everything else back so that it has more time for itself.
Only items on the timeline will be moved. Anything on the overlay, title or audio tracks will have to be moved manually. There is a setting that locks those items to the timeline clip they are associated with, but I think it only works so long as the item doesn't span across 2 or more timeline clips. To lengthen a title item just drag its side in the direction you want to lengthen it or increase its time in the edit box after selecting it.