Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
confused....
[Post New]
Why did we have to move our questioning? I was in this same forum to begin with wasn't I? W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
Now I am wondering if they will see my responses to our original convo since you moved it???? W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
Any how to answer the question, I just took a straight motion path and the pip is moving just a little to slow for my liking to the ending spot I want it to be. So now knowing that the closer the keyframes the faster the action between them, will be very helpful.... W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
So I went and put in a bunch of keyframes close together and the pip still moved at the exact same speed. So still just as confused.... W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So I went and put in a bunch of keyframes close together and the pip still moved at the exact same speed. So still just as confused....

Odd. The principle is valid. Note the three motion keyframes in the attachment: at the start, 1/3 from start, and at the end.
With the 2nd keyframe selected, the overlay image was positioned at the top of the screen.

When run, the speed from keyframe 1 to keyframe 2 is quicker than it is from 2 to 3. That's because 1 is closer to 2 than 2 is to 3.
If the 2nd keyframe were instead spaced at the halfway point, the speed between keyframe 1 to 2 would match that of 2 to 3.

Shortening or lengthening the overlay also affects the effect. ^_^
 Filename
move.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 17. 2013 12:30

[Post New]
This is a response to pab82's (& many PDtoots PM questions) about controlling speed with keyframes. This toot deals more specifically with motion in PiP Designer, but the same principles apply in all parts of PowerDirector that use keyframes... Magic Motion, Video Crop, Effects, Title Designer etc.

http://youtu.be/y_czkMZf0lk

As borgus1 stated above, supported by screen capture, the closer the keyframes are the faster the motion or effect. If they're further apart, the effect is slower.

For our toot on PiP Motion Basics - http://youtu.be/4gPt7y6ipo0

Cheers - Tony (for PDtoots)
Visit PDtoots & PDtoots QuickTips. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: So I went and put in a bunch of keyframes close together and the pip still moved at the exact same speed. So still just as confused....

Odd. The principle is valid. Note the three motion keyframes in the attachment: at the start, 1/3 from start, and at the end.
With the 2nd keyframe selected, the overlay image was positioned at the top of the screen.

When run, the speed from keyframe 1 to keyframe 2 is quicker than it is from 2 to 3. That's because 1 is closer to 2 than 2 is to 3.
If the 2nd keyframe were instead spaced at the halfway point, the speed between keyframe 1 to 2 would match that of 2 to 3.

Shortening or lengthening the overlay also affects the effect. ^_^

Hi borgus1,
Excellent short little video to illustrate your point. Just what was needed. Good to read your great input and spot on advice on the forum.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent tips Tony & borgus1,

Thank you
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
I agree! It is exactly what I was hunting for!! It helped me SO MUCH!! I had watched the other videos over and over but wasn't quite getting it, this is precise! W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB