Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Tools are not seen
Mowaffak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 20:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am new to PD 11. I have PD11 ultimate. I can not find the magic tools where they are supposed to be "on the left side of the tracks area". What is there is only the magic movie wizard and magic music, but not the other magic tools like magic fix, magic motion, magic style, magic cut. Where are these tools? how can I view and use them?

Thank you for help.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Those tools appear when appropriate.

If an IMAGE on the timeline is selected, then Magic Motion will be a choice.
If instead a movie clip is chosen on the time line, then M Fix, M Cut, M Style and M Music will be available.

Think of it as similar to Windows right-click context menus. Only items that can be utilized for the task at hand are shown.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2013 21:27

Mowaffak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you borgus 1. I could see them now active as I added new images to an new video track. However, for a reason that i don`t know, clicking images in the original track does not activate the magic tools. This track was at first created using the slide creator choice that appears with launching the program. And when finished adding images and music I asked for further editing in the full featured editor where I am now. So It appears to me that there is hidden attributes with the images in the original track that prevents the magic tools activation, Am I correct???!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mowaffak -

Once your images have had one of the slideshow templates applied to them, they are no longer (just) images... although you can right click & return to the individual images.

That's why only limited magic tools appear.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Magic Tools.png]
 Filename
Magic Tools.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
223 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2013 04:03

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Mowaffak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony. I am no longer confused with this.