Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Silent Movies ?
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
I have recently purchased a windows 8 laptop and got PD11 working good(thanks to this forum) even produced 1 video - now since the last patch
WaveEditor will not work - (it did for the first video on my new Windows 8 laptop before the patch). After a bunch of playing around I did a compatibility test and found WaveEditor is not compatible with Windows 8. Needless to say I'm not happy with that but do understand.
So my question is what do I do from here? What do other Windows 8 users do?
Do I make silent movies until WaveEditor is compatible with Windows 8 or am I forced to buy AudioDirector or is AudioDirector even compatible with Windows 8. Is there a free audio software that will work with PD11?
I'm just so sad right now that Magic Music will not work with music files other than Smartsound and now WaveEditor quit.
Please ANY suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE - I'm not opposed to buying something but it has to work on my Windows 8 laptop.
Please don't tell me I'm stuck with silent movies LOL
Thanks Ed
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Why are they silent? Do you not have audio at all, or just because you cannot edit it the way you want it? There are free editors. They may not be as complete as Wave Editor, but they will work. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After a bunch of playing around I did a compatibility test and found WaveEditor is not compatible with Windows 8.
Thanks Ed

That's not the case. It works here. However, I recall that it wasn't available for the TRIAL version of PD 11.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Wave editor works here on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with the 2707 patch. The audio I have is AAC. The video is AVC/h.264.

Maybe it's the fomat of the audio that is causing Wave Editor to crash. Have you tried other types of audio? Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD11 still works I can import an audio file but when I right click to modify the imported audio file and select WaveEditor it will not open. Also if I click on the WaveEditor icon on my desk top it shows normally on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen but will not open on the main screen so I can use it.
Ed
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD11 and WaveEditor are both Cyberlink right? So what if I try uninstall WaveEditor and reinstall it from a site on the internet.
do you think it will still work seamlessly with PD11? I'm thinking maybe something went wrong with the patch download and it corrupted WaveEditor - I am just grasping at straws - not a computer wiz.
Ed
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
If you purchased PowerDirector 11, then Wave Editor will be installed when you install PD11. You can't install Wave Editor separately. If you are using the trial version of PD11, Wave Editor won't be available. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I have the paid for version of PD11 Ultimate.(upgraded from PD10)
I have found that WaveEditor is a free download avaiable to anyone not just people with PD - just not sure if I
remove that program from my laptop and then reinstall it - if will it work seamlessly with PD11 again.
In other words will I still be able to right click an imported sound track and select WaveEditor and have WaveEditor open
so I can do sound edits as normal.(after the removal and reinstallation of WaveEditor)
Like I said I'm no computer wiz but if I right click the desktop icon for Cyberlink WaveEditor and select "Troubleshoot compatibility"
and then follow the steps it ends up with a message that says "Issues Found - Incompatible Program Detected"
Maybe I should try something else - has anyone else had trouble with WaveEditor since the last patch - It did work perfectly for me on my Windows 8 laptop the day before the patch but will not work the day after the patch.
Ed
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes I have the paid for version of PD11 Ultimate.(upgraded from PD10)
I have found that WaveEditor is a free download avaiable to anyone not just people with PD - just not sure if I
remove that program from my laptop and then reinstall it - if will it work seamlessly with PD11 again.
In other words will I still be able to right click an imported sound track and select WaveEditor and have WaveEditor open
so I can do sound edits as normal.(after the removal and reinstallation of WaveEditor)
Like I said I'm no computer wiz but if I right click the desktop icon for Cyberlink WaveEditor and select "Troubleshoot compatibility"
and then follow the steps it ends up with a message that says "Issues Found - Incompatible Program Detected"
Maybe I should try something else - has anyone else had trouble with WaveEditor since the last patch - It did work perfectly for me on my Windows 8 laptop the day before the patch but will not work the day after the patch.
Ed

The only official WaveEditor that works in Cyberlink Powerdirector is the one that is packaged in the Installation of Powerdirector.

The CyberLink WaveEditor That is packed with Powerdirector 11 is WaveEditor 2.
The system requirements listed in the WaveEditor About:
OS Windows 7 / Vista / XP (with DirectX 9 or above)

Windows 8 in not listed in my version of WaveEditor.

I would suggest you contact Cyberlink Support about WaveEditor and Windows 8.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2013 10:54

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very very much Carl I will give that a try right now
Ed
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed1234 ,
How did it work out?
Dafydd
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to use wave editor on a one hour movie. I thought it wasn't working, but then I found I just wasn't waiting long enough.
Try it on a short, one minute segment for a test.

Don
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have been working with support all week and they have been very quick with responses and have had me do a few things to try get WaveEditor to work again. So far no luck. Currently I am waiting for a response back from support after the last failed attempt(worried cause its been a couple days)
So as of today the problem still persists - when I click on WaveEditor either from within PD11 or from the desktop it only opens in the toolbar at the bottom of the page and will not open fully when I click on that toolbar icon. This problem started immediately after installing the latest patch.
I'm willing to try anything to get WaveEditor back - if support has not responded by the end of the day - I will ask they how to completely wipe PD11 off my laptop and try a complete reinstall (they had me do a partial uninstall and reinstall with no luck)
Ed
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The latest updates from Microsoft W7 (April 10) seems to have screwed up audio playback on some computers (playing a video using a Browser). Perhaps uninstalling the batch might be the next thing to try. You could always re-install it if you need to.

Batter still, see if support will try that for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2013 11:15

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem Solved!!
First the problem - So as of a few minutes ago the problem still persisted - when I click on WaveEditor either from within PD11 or from the desktop it only opens in the toolbar at the bottom of the page and will not open fully when I click on that toolbar icon. This problem started immediately after installing the latest patch.
The Solution - I think I should be embarrassed by the simplicity of the remedy - in my defense I amazed my self when suddenly it was full screen not just an icon anymore - all I had to do was "right click" on the toolbar icon and select "Maximize".
Go figure!! It worked fine before the patch update. I certainly had no idea that option was available by right clicking the icon.
I may be embarrassed..... but am really happy WaveEditor is back.
Thanks to all that took the time to consider what may have gone wrong I really appreciate the help!!
Ed
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Ed1234 for writing up the final part, even though it was in the end a simple solution.
Thank you
Dafydd
Quote: Problem Solved!!
First the problem - So as of a few minutes ago the problem still persisted - when I click on WaveEditor either from within PD11 or from the desktop it only opens in the toolbar at the bottom of the page and will not open fully when I click on that toolbar icon. This problem started immediately after installing the latest patch.
The Solution - I think I should be embarrassed by the simplicity of the remedy - in my defense I amazed my self when suddenly it was full screen not just an icon anymore - all I had to do was "right click" on the toolbar icon and select "Maximize".
Go figure!! It worked fine before the patch update. I certainly had no idea that option was available by right clicking the icon.
I may be embarrassed..... but am really happy WaveEditor is back.
Thanks to all that took the time to consider what may have gone wrong I really appreciate the help!!
Ed