Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading fron older versions
mmoukiou [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2009 14:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I just installed the upgrade from pdvd12. Everything is OK, but older version still exists in my pc. Is this normal? I thought that upgrading meant that the older version will be deleted. If I remember well, all other upgrades I've done, from older to newer versions of pdvd, the older version was deleted.
I have a question now.. I first bought pdvd9 some years ago.. Then upgrade from 9 to 10, from 10 to 12 and now, from 12 to 13. If I have to reinstall operating system in my pc, I have to install all the perevious versions and upgrade them, to get to the last one?

Thanks
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

"I have to install all the perevious versions and upgrade them, to get to the last one? "

=> No, you just need to install the latest PowerDVD 13 you received when purchasing.

Strongly suggest to backup the installation files of PowerDVD 13!!!

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mmoukiou [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2009 14:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much.
[Post New]
Quote: No, you just need to install the latest PowerDVD 13 you received when purchasing.

Hi Michael,
Is this a change in version 13? Because the 12 Ultra upgrade won't install unless version 11 is already installed, and then it deletes it anyway as part of the installation — an unnecessary delay, I feel, since you have to provide your serial number to buy the upgrade in the first place.

So is 13 different in this respect?

Thanks.