Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
removing pds files
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

I seem to ask lots of questions but guess we all have to start somewhere.

Since I am a newbie I have managed to have tons of files with many of them being the same. End result is that the projects are starting to use too much space on the computer and I have pcked and saved some to an external hard drive.

I cannot, however figure out how I can delete these projects (totally) and free up space on the computer as well as not having all these fies to mess me up.

Thanks again for any help available
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sam,

I suggest deleting those "manually", using a file management application or whatever program that can do that (for example one that finds duplicate files on your disk), then emptying the trash bin. There's no real risk involved in such an operation.

Should you wish to annihilate the data to prevent any further reading, you need to use some file "shredding" software; there's freeware available...

Jirka