Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Converting PDS to MPG2
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

I have found on the web the way to do this by using produce. I have, accordingly, been able to get it to where the file on the time line is now shown as MPG. However, I have spend hours trying to figure out how I get this file from the time line into an email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Once you have the video clips on the timeline, and done all your editing you go to the 'Produce' screen (from the tabs along the top), now you pick from a choice of formats and to where you want to put the file.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have done all that but cannot find where it asks me where I want to store the file. This is the problem I have had since I produced it for the first time. ( Have now produced for the fifth so lots of fun.

Thanks again and hope you can give me this bit of information
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sam -

There are two ways of setting your export/destination folder (i.e. where your stuff goes).

1. In Preferences, go to File & you can set your import & export folders by clicking Browse

2. In Produce, you can set the output folder for a particular video

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Produce_export.png]
 Filename
Produce_export.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
185 time(s)
[Thumb - Prefs_export.png]
 Filename
Prefs_export.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
221 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2013 20:30

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks ynotfish and james1.

All done now and feel like an idiot. Guess I should read pages more carefully