Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't like every burn-to-folder named My Video.
Delta [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2013 17:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
In the Final Output window, I name the Disc volume label something identifiable to me. If I burn to disc, I have no problem. If I want to burn to a folder, the only way I see of doing that is to checkmark Create a folder. The problem with that is, PowerDirector 11 names the created folder "My Video." Surely there is a way to name the burn-to-folder something other than My Video, but I can't find how to do it. Please tell me how to get PD11 to burn to a folder with a name of my choosing without creating the folder named My Video.

If there is no way around the burn-to-folder being named My Video every time, how do I request a design change so that the program offers two options: (1) Burn to disc and (2) Burn to folder instead of Create a folder. Then if the user chooses the Burn to folder option, there should be a place provided to type in whatever name the user desires for the burn-to-folder. Delta
Windows 10; 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7-3770; Multi-core (4), Hyper-threaded (; 64 bit, 2 x 8,192 MB DIMM1 memory; OS on SSD;
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
You can type over "My Video" in the Folder Directory text box:

[Thumb - My Video.JPG]
 Filename
My Video.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
excised

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 03. 2013 05:52

Delta [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2013 17:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Xerox, Thank you for your response and image, but your suggestion did not work for me. I'll give more details of what I'm doing in hopes that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I find it hard to believe this program creates a burn-to-folder named My Video by default with no option to change it.

I clicked on the ". . . " in PD11's Final Output window so I could browse to the folder where I wanted the burn folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) to be placed. See my image of what I did and the result. I'm trying to put the burn folders on my external drive (J:\) with this path as follows: Within J:\ is a folder creatively named "My Videos" which contains all the other videos I've authored, with descriptively named folders. It is within that folder I want the latest authored video to be placed in it's own descriptive folder name--in this case the video is my grandson's baseball game, and the folder I want the burned folders to be placed in is named "2013 Carter baseball."
Here is where I have experimented with two methods of entering the burn-to-folder's name:

(1) After clicking the ". . .", the Browse For Folder window pops up. I browse to my My Videos folder, and since the unique folder name I want is not there, I click on the window's Make New Folder button and type in the name I want and click OK. This gives me the Folder directory: path as seen in the uploaded screenshot (J:\My Videos\2013 Carter baseball). After the burn to folder is task is completed, the path is as shown in the screenshot (Computer > J: > My Videos > 2013 Carter baseball > My Video) Why does PD11 create a My Video folder inside my named folder?

I thought that maybe I shouldn't create the folder myself and let PD11 do it for me, so I tried experiment (2)
Instead of clicking Make New Folder as above, I stop the browse for folder at My Videos. Then in PD11's Folder directory path that only has "J:\My Videos" I type in "\2013 Carter baseball". PD11 pops up a window that asks, "This folder does not exist. Would you like to create it?" I click Yes and it starts the burn.

I still get the same path as shown in the uploaded screenshot: Computer > J: > My Videos > 2013 Carter baseball > My Video no matter which method I use.

I know I can move the TS folders into the named folder I want and delete the empty PD11 My Video folder, but those two steps are a waste of time and would be unnecessary if PD11 would just use the path and new folder name I want for the burn-to-folder. Why can I not get this program to stop putting the burn files into a folder named My Video every time?
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of PD11 & Windows Explorer
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
71 time(s)
Delta
Windows 10; 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7-3770; Multi-core (4), Hyper-threaded (; 64 bit, 2 x 8,192 MB DIMM1 memory; OS on SSD;
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why can I not get this program to stop putting the burn files into a folder named My Video every time?

You can not. PD is hard coded to make a Folder of the DVD/BluRay folder to be "My Video".

As you have found you can create your own Folder with whatever name you wish, but PD will still put a "My Video" folder in that folder.

You can always just play the My Video folder. Or you can burn a disk from the My Video Folder.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.