Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion speed control
geokr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2013 18:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to control the speed of the Magic Motion effects, especially slow them down? In the Motion Designer I've tried shortening the length of the arrow but am still getting motion that is too rushed.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi geokr -

The only way to control the speed of motion is with the keyframes. Of course, the overall duration of the image has an impact too!

This might help a bit... http://youtu.be/emzeBGJf888

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I have watched and watched your videos on youtube and others and still I am struggling to wrap my head around the proper use of keyframes... I see how to add but can not figure out for the life of me how to control the speed when adding them in a moving pip. W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pab -

Could you describe what it is you want your PiP object to do?

PD11 adds a little complication if you're modifying the scale (size) of the object.

Have you been setting the first & final keyframes before doing anything else? They set the starting and ending positions.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I see how to add but can not figure out for the life of me how to control the speed when adding them in a moving pip.

No intent to hijack the thread here, but it may help to point out that motion speed depends upon keyframe spacing.
The closer they are, the faster the action between them.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, The additional questions here need to be under a new topic.
New Topic: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=110
Forum Moderator