Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can the leveler function be disabled?
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to disable the leveler function on one or more tracks?

Don
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is it possible to disable the leveler function on one or more tracks?

Don

Hi cuartetto,
Please provide a screenshot (of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu) of what you're referring to? I'm not sure as to what the "leveler function" is.
Dafydd

Edit: Minor correction

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2013 14:04

cuartetto [Avatar]
[Post New]
The leveler function is like an automatic level control.
I ran into this problem with one of my .wav audio tracks. There was a loud noise on the track which caused the leveler to immediately lower the audio level, then after a short delay the audio returned to the normal level. I attempted to mute the portion of the track where the loud noise was present, but I suppose since it was on the original track, the leveler still was affecting the level.

Don
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect you'll need to clip out the offending audio piece and maybe dub-in a muted .wav portion to replace it. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
[Post New]
Quote: The leveler function is like an automatic level control.
I ran into this problem with one of my .wav audio tracks. There was a loud noise on the track which caused the leveler to immediately lower the audio level, then after a short delay the audio returned to the normal level. I attempted to mute the portion of the track where the loud noise was present, but I suppose since it was on the original track, the leveler still was affecting the level.

Don

Iste is usually caused by camcorder that has automatic volume level.
The normalized audio, PD11 can be applied manually. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
cuartetto [Avatar]
[Post New]
The big level change was not present on the camera recording and there is no agc action turned on in the recorder. It's all happening in PD.

Don
[Post New]
Quote: The big level change was not present on the camera recording and there is no agc action turned on in the recorder. It's all happening in PD.
Don

If there is noise level very high short it is best to cut as OnTheWeb said.
If the noise appears only when editing in PD11, can be some program error.
The normalization of PD, does not work as you described earlier, it simply takes as reference the highest peak of the audio, lowering all the rest, in my opinion.
For this case I cut very high peaks, and if appropriate then applied to normalize.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2013 18:51

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cuartetto -

You ask "Can the leveler function be disabled?". The answer is that "Normalise" (in the audio mixing room) is only enabled when you click on it! (i.e. by default, it's disabled)

If there's a noise in your recording, as OnTheWeb & playsound have suggested, you'd need to edit the audio separately.

As the Help file says, using the "Normalise" function just means that:
if there is more than one audio clip on the voice or music track, or on any of the audio tracks, click the Normalize button to have CyberLink PowerDirector set the volume for all the clips to the same level.

It's useful for normalising the audio level on one track.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Normalize.png]
 Filename
Normalize.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
316 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2013 20:50

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cuartetto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone.

Don