Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam freezes computer
Rachel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2008 00:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have an HP laptop that has the YouCam installed on it, and when I first got it everything was fine. Now when I try to "Capture" video, my whole computer freezes and the only thing I can do is turn it off with the power button. It still takes pictures, though. It also freezes when I try to open the webcam to video chat on AIM or Skype. I don't know what happened.

I can't re-install the software because since it came with the laptop, I don't have a hard copy of it.
CDBear [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
what model is you HP laptop?

when the computer froze, it stayed at the same screen?

perhaps you can send a pic to HP service?
Rachel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2008 00:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It's an HP Pavilion dv9700. It freezes at the same screen, but when i said it can still take pictures, I meant that it doesn't freeze when I try to take pictures, not that I can still take pictures even when it's frozen. When it's frozen the only thing I can do is turn off the computer using the power button.
CDBear [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
try update VGA driver and check with HP service.

My experience in system hang is likely some driver or compatibility issue