Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync issues between audio and video
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've used PD11 for a while now and just switched to a new method of recording with a new Canon 60D and an iPad Retina.
I track both at 25fps (PAL) and track my (guitar) audio via a talk MIC and the Axe FX II into Cubase 7 from which I export as WAV 24 bits.

Previously I recorded the output of my guitar and talk MIC directly onto a Zoom Q3HD so audio and video were in the same file already. In that case I didn't notice any sync issues on YouTube.

With my new method I end up having 2 video files (Overview of Canon 60D, detail view (iPad) and an audio file that has the output MIC and guitar. The video's have audio too but I only use that for syncing. I use the automatic beat detection to set markers and split the files at the point where the audio should start. I do that will all 3 files and align the starting points which results in a good sync.

In the preview of PD11 it's looking good and synced. I normally export to MP4 format (Full HD standard preset in PD11). I also created a Full HD export to MOV format (standard profile) for testing purposes. The mp4 plays correctly in VLC and QuickTime.

I uploaded the mp4 to YouTube and from about 2 minutes it has a sync problem. This video has 3 separate parts (the description I gave of the files I have (overview, detail and audio only) are repeated three times. Basically an introduction performance, introduction talk and a detail performance.

- What export settings do you use for YouTube 1080p videos? YouTube always mentions that I'm not using correct settings and wants me to upload in H264 and AAC format.
- Are there things I can check/change in PD11?
- I read somewhere that the audio format can be of influence too? What files types do you render to for importing into PD11?

Thanks for your replies!
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
The sync issues are mainly caused by YT itself. Probably when it's still processing it has issues with syncing audio and video.