Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trimming and zooming problem
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2013 14:33 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys
When I trim a clip, it is also causing the clip to zoom in. Anyone know why this would happen and to prevent it?

Thanks
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also have the scene cropped because the original has a big black border and I wanted it to appear full screen.

...Just in case that ads something to the problem...
[Post New]
Quote: Hey guys
When I trim a clip, it is also causing the clip to zoom in. Anyone know why this would happen and to prevent it?

Thanks

You can take a printscreen of what you are doing, to facilitate understanding of your problem.
Post here attached AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey thanks for the reply!

I deleted it all. I got fed up with it. It seems like a pretty simple thing to do, in fact windows movie maker would do it no problem. I don't get why this program has to just do whatever it wants with so many different things you try to do. One of many reasons I will likely be getting a refund. I've yet to work with a more frustrating and ridiculous program.

It should be pretty simple. Split a scene from a clip. Pretty straight forward. I guess the makers of PD thought people also might like it to zoom...I don't know.

Thanks again!

I think I'll just save myself the continued frustration and go with the big boys at Adobe.
[Post New]
Quote: Hey thanks for the reply!

I deleted it all. I got fed up with it. It seems like a pretty simple thing to do, in fact windows movie maker would do it no problem. I don't get why this program has to just do whatever it wants with so many different things you try to do. One of many reasons I will likely be getting a refund. I've yet to work with a more frustrating and ridiculous program.

It should be pretty simple. Split a scene from a clip. Pretty straight forward. I guess the makers of PD thought people also might like it to zoom...I don't know.

Thanks again!

I think I'll just save myself the continued frustration and go with the big boys at Adobe.

PD is quite easy to use, each version gets a little more complicated, but still easier than others think even the Move Maker.
I guess you're wondering, Power Tools to crop the video, the tool appear when you select the video in the timeline.
Here has many good tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/user/pdtoots AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaycw7 -

Here's a little tutorial that shows exactly what you're trying to do http://youtu.be/qLZUyFsNqEc

To avoid the zoom, just make sure you set the first keyframe where you want, the "Duplicate Previous" for the last keyframe.

If you've already gone to play with the big boys, don't worry about watching.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jaycw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys