Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very bad quality in the timeline!
[Post New]
I have deleted the program and is looking for a new software to use actually. At this moment, I'm so frusterated I can't edit all my movies that have stocked up mt (almost full) 2TB harddrive. I need to move on with my projects now, and Cyberlink support team don't have a kidding idea what is causing it, but they have managed to "somewhat" re-produce the error they told me... It's currently for investigation, but I don't expect a solution ANY TIME SOON!

With that being said, I need to move on... Sony Vegas is next in line fore me. Gonna get a heart attack after paying for it though, but I'm willing to do that at this point to get videos made. Sad story about PowerDirector! Take it as it comes...
BB Jones Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2013 15:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Also needing to keep editing and I (foolishly) upgraded to 11. If they have acknowledged it as a bug and given it a high priority, I'm willing to wait a couple days for a workaround. Is this possibly a resources probem? My problem happened on i7(2.0 ghz) with only 6 gig of memory and 100 gig of free space on Windows 7. My main machine died but have always been able to get by with this pretty powerful laptop.

I'm guessing you're working with a lot more resources than this? Oh and I know you're moving on but you can add, "it also happens in version 10 with or without the latest updates."

Thankyou so much for trying so hard and patiently working with support and documenting it. It looks like I'll be joining you with other software (really a shame).
[Post New]
Yeah, PowerDirector is a very good program for that price, or even a higher price. But concidering the facts that all my drivers are up to date, and all the "normal" cases can't fix the problem...

My experience tells me, there is NOTHING wrong with your computer or your files. It's just a software bug from Cyberlink probably.

So strange, using the program perfectly the first two weeks, then suddenly no changes, and it's corrupted. -_- Take it as it comes...
[Post New]
I would really be surpriced if this is what is causing it! But I have this problem om my desktop AND my laptop as I might have mentioned...

Desktop Specifications:
CPU - I5 2500K 3.30GHZ
RAM - (2x8GB + 2x4GB) DDR3
GPU - Radeon HD 6970 2GB
HDD - 2TB 7200RPM

Laptop Specifications:
CPU - I7 2630QM 2.20GHZ
RAM - 4GB DDR3
GPU - GeForce GT 540M 1GB
HDD - 640GB

Just mentioning the most important hardware for the recording itself, got a couple of other harddrives and such. But that shouldn't matter...

My laptop is getting kind of outdated concidering my graphics card. Since there are way better 2gb ones now. But really, I just say, good luck finding out that that hardware may in any way not be powerful enough to run PowerDirector when it runs most games on ultra Take it as it comes...
pressytcn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2013 08:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i uninstalled fraps and the problem was gone i think it's a codec problem i have no problems with dxtory
this problem started for me with pd12 but unistalling fraps seems to be the way maybe you can reinstall fraps and it will fix it

update it is fraps that are causing it i had the same problem in another editing software when using dxtory there's no problem at all
you probaly need to update fraps to a newer version

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2013 12:54

[Post New]
I tried that as well, no difference even with Fraps uninstalled.
And at that moment I had the newest version of Fraps AND PowerDirector.
But I kind of gave up on the program, I've had to move on to Adobe Premiere which seems to be the only thing I can use atm. It's not bad, but it takes MUCH MORE getting used to... =/ Take it as it comes...
cmorebutz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 09:50 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
dude im in the same business and nobody knows the answers to my problems..horrible playback freezing up, crashing etc.. I have a intel corei5 all I do are videos on it . I have great ram and great graphic card..I think im going back to adobe Pro! rob
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Aleks,

So if you were to Produce a video, even though the Preview looks wonky does the final output look normal?

I switched from FRAPS because of the humongous file size and issues that you described.
PD just did not like some of the video capture files that Fraps was creating- at least on my system. Others might have better luck.

Have you tried Bandicam ? http://www.bandicam.com/
This is what I now use (the paid version) - the free version gives you 10 minutes with a watermark logo.
Anyway it allows different output rates / formats.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
cmorebutz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 09:50 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldnt know i can only get through about 15 seconds of video editing (music videos). Im not familiar with the term fraps..can you explain that. I checked out Bandicam..since im doing music videos how should i use it in my favor? rob
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
FRAPS is a Game video capture program.

It can do very high frame rate captures. So high in fact that Powerdirector often chokes on FRAPS created video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraps

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.