Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot play Youtube videos?
geeezuz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2012 14:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDVD 12 Ultra and noticed there is a function to browse Youtube videos but I cannot play any of the videos after trying various different Youtube videos/ It's just a black screen with a wheel rotating in the center. How do you get to play Youtube videos with PowerDVD 12 Ultra?
[Post New]

Re: Updated to patch 2428 on 2-22-13.

I can't believe that most of us have been waiting four months since the last two updates to be able to play You Tube videos again. Which was back in October of 2012. And we still can't play You Tube videos!!!

How long are we going to have to wait?

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!
Karsten P [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 05:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
+1
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
This issue will be fixed in the next patch for PowerDVD 12

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AliaksandrSh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2013 09:37 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
When we wait for the fix?
sicaire [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2013 12:47 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Date?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the patch has been just released:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Jamil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2012 10:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My video on youtube ok but there no audio.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My video on youtube ok but there no audio.

Check your volume and your Windows sound card settings. I get both audio and video.

Can you post a couple that do not have sound with your set up? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
AliaksandrSh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
the patch has been just released:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html
Michael

Respect! - Thanks!
Jamil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2012 10:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My window sound card setting are all ok.Youtube using normal window ok .When playing movie audio/video ok problem is youtube video there is no audioi just video.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My window sound card setting are all ok.Youtube using normal window ok .When playing movie audio/video ok problem is youtube video there is no audioi just video.

Why is it so difficult in answering questions that people ask?

The problem you are having is with PowerDVD 12.

Just because you get audio with Windows does not give us an indication if there is a problem with the latest patch for PowerDVD 12 or there is a problem with a particular YouTube video or set of videos or it is a problem with YOUR computer. That is why people ask particular questions. Read up on the Scientific Method. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Did you go into PowerDVD 12 and recheck your audio settings. Use the gear icon to get there. Tell us what settings you are using and what audio card/chip if you really want help.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
AliaksandrSh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: My window sound card setting are all ok.Youtube using normal window ok .When playing movie audio/video ok problem is youtube video there is no audioi just video.

As for the sound - Let me give a little advice from personal experience.
When a player updates the data in libraries - it does not work consistently and may be no sound. When the player has finished updating - after restarting, it is stable and there is sound on all files.