Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Captures of HDMI PC Screen Activity for training videos
andrew3202 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: indiana Joined: Sep 29, 2011 22:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have the need to capture and create training videos for a software application. the output from the PC will be an HDMI port from an ATI Firepro V3750 at 1920 x1080. I assume the Video Card will not be creating any protected content media markings with HDPC.

I found this board,
http://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/PCI-Express-HD-Video-Capture-Card-1080p-HDMI-DVI-VGA-Component~PEXHDCAP

And it says it supports 1920 x 1080, but I see no reference to WDM. I've submitted a question to the company, but thought I would ask the forums about there experiences when needing to capture HDMI Video from PC's for future editing.

Note the program we are creating the training on is video intensive, and a screen capture tool can't keep up. We figure an HDMI splitter and a dedicated PC with a card like this or something else is required. Audio can be added later... Thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you need to record HDMI output you need a recording device that can record the HDMI output.
The card you linked, I do not know anything about. It may work perfect.

This Device can do that job. I trust this company.
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_colossus.html

It may be the only such device that can record a HDMI output. And only if not encrypted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2013 21:17

Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
I use a Avermedia C037 PCIe HD Capture Device, works great with full 1080P HD signals. Avermedia has newer models out, and they will all do what you are looking for.

If your monitor is HDMI capable, it will even record encrypted material (but you didn't hear me say that) RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU