Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR 11 crashing on startup
qcrocknet [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Feb 22, 2011 18:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I had PDR 10 installed on my Windwos 7 64-bit working OK

I installed Windows 8 Pro on same machine (seperate partition)

Installed PDR 10 on the Windows 8, "boom" crashes on startup

Bought this weeken PDR 11 Utilmate upgrade, installed OK, tried to start it.. "boom" crahes

What I did:

- Reinstalled many times
- Ran the clean up tool for PDR10 and 11
- Ran CCleaner
- Made sure the QT version of PDR 11 was used
- Installed K-Lite codec (latest versions) in case would be the codecs problem
- Installed that latest drivers for my Radeon 4650 video card.

Atteched the dxdiag file.

Hope that someone has an idea, I would really like to use PDR 11 now on my new Windows 8 PRO 64-bit

Thanks in advance,

Martin
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt good one
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
418 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2013 17:14

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
qcrocknet ,

Please offer any detail if possible on how PD "crashes" on start up. Win 10, i7
qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
I get the first screen where I can select the 3 choices (full featured editor, easy editor....)
then if I choose any of the 3 options, the splash screen appaers for a few seconds and I get the error panel that asks to send the error report (which I did).

I added the 2 files it send to cyberlink.

Thank very much.
 Filename
CrashRpt.xml
[Disk]
 Description
Crashrpd.xml
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)
 Filename
minidump.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Minidump.txt
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
711 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
qcrocknet,

This is from a Forum on Intel Graphics:
http://communities.intel.com/thread/33221
nic Dec 4, 2012 11:12 AM (in response to Jesse)

Thanks for the info Jesse,

Did you happen to be running this computer in remote desktop when you took the dxdiag? Your display device is not showing up as Intel® HD graphics™ as it should be, and instead shows as RDPUDD Chained DD - which from what I can tell, is how it should show up if you are pulling reports remotely..

-Nic

This is what your Dxdiag.txt file contains.
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RDPUDD Chained DD
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Type: n/a
Device Key: Enum\ROOT\BASICRENDER
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (32Hz)
Driver Name: RDPUDD
Driver File Version: 6.02.9200.16434 (English)
Driver Version: 7.1.542.0
DDI Version: 9Ex

Have you tried not using Remote Graphics?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2013 10:36

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
qcrocknet ,

I just noticed that your ATI card is not one that supports hardware acceleration. Suggest you deselect it in preferences and when in produce mode. In addition, do not use "HD video processing" in preferences. Win 10, i7
qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

Have you tried not using Remote Graphics?

Yes my mistake, i added the wrong one. I updated my original post with the good DxDiag.txt (not RDP)

I do not work normally in remote desktop mode : Especially with PDR.

Again, PDR10 works OK on my Windows 7 PRO on the SAME machine.

HDedit,

I just noticed that your ATI card is not one that supports hardware acceleration. Suggest you deselect it in preferences and when in produce mode. In addition, do not use "HD video processing" in preferences.

I cannot even start PDR, so I can't go in the proferences :

Thanks for the responses so far, bit frustrating buying a software that cannot start at all on an almost clean Windows 8 PRO. :

Hope someone has other ideas

Martin
All vodi
[Post New]
qcrocknet ,

The only suggestion I can offer is to go back to using PD10 under the Win 7 partition and then applying the upgrade to PD11. I'm not certain as to how many users have PD on multi platform PC's. Win 10, i7
qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
The idea of upgrading to Windows 8 was to eventually get rid of Windows 7 and transfer all my apps on W8.

Now all of them works except PDR11. My other video editors do work in Windows 8.

It says Windows 8 compatible. Thats why I bought the upgrade.

Anyway I opened a ticket at CL support, no success so far.

Thanks, too bad there is no clear log for debugging this myself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2013 17:17

qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thought I would give an update about this.

1. Ticket opened at the support of cyberlink on the 26th of February
2. Provided all the wanted the second day
3. No news since the 28th
4. Unable to use PDR 11 since my purchase (23rd February)
5. Opened another ticket this morning about the original ticket that nobody seems to respond.

So I will be giving them 1-2 days more for a solution. If nothing works/happens i will ask a refund, there is a 30 day money back policy on the website. And as a loyal user of PDR since version 8, I will not be buying or updating any Cyberlink products if I get no valid solution back from them. I saw other threads about support nightmare. Not impressed so far about support.

On a side not, the forum community is great here.

Thanks
Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to install the disc version of PowerDirector 11 Ultra, but got a message: "Install Shield 1670: Unable to load module D\PDIR\464\ISSetup.dll. Error Code 999." I had just uninstalled the Internet download version, so was starting with a clean slate. I have tried to install the program six times. What could be the problem, do you think?
John J Lambert
All vodi
[Post New]
Llewelyn001 ,

Your problem is new. i suggest you make a NEW post to get more attention. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi qcrocknet ,
Am I reading your diagnostic file correctly? Are you running W8 on 3070mb of Ram AND attempting to run a video editing program?
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM

I run w8 with PDR11 on more powerful machines.

Dafydd
qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Humm... I ran PDR 10 with not that much problems. And reading the system requirements of PDR 11 it should work. I am not editing HD videos. And not going to spend 500$ to 1000$ to have PDR 11 work. Because it fails completly now.

Been using PDR 8,9,10... with same PC and no problems before.

I know a more powerfull PC would be nice for everything, but if a company does not respect the system requirements mentionned when selling it's software, I would call this false advertising.

Ticket is still open.. been escalated to DEV.

Edward11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 08:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Yes qcroknet, I've got exactly the same problems with PDR 11 Ultimate Suite. Crashes, Not Responding, hang... so frustrating. I upgraded from Window 7 to Window 8 pro running on a machine with i7, 16Gb RAM, over 250Gb free hardisk space. PDR11 Ultimate Suite just not working even after the update and several attempts of uninstalling and reinstalling, it crashed at the very first start of the program.

I've opened the ticket and provided the relevant files and information requested. Will see if they can effectively provide a fix. I also questioned if PDR11 Ultimate Suite is really compatible with Window 8 pro.

I am considering to return it for refund. Only think it's misleading advertising.
Edward11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also deselecting the hardware decoding option in the Hardware Acceleration worked only once. The next launched of PDR11 the problems persist.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Edward ,
Please post your issue/problem as a NEW TOPIC and members can then try and assist you.
I run Windows 8 with PDR11 and all the additional programs and do not have a problem.
New Topic link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=110
Guide to read: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24769.page
Forum Moderator
qcrocknet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Forgot to write back. My ticket was never resolved, the tech support says it has to do with my AMD Radeon driver or something.

Offered me a refund.

I am suspecting Windows 8 + AMD drivers maybe... because like I said initally on the SAME machine with Windows 7 PDR 10 was working fine and on my Windows 8 neither PDR 10 or PDR 11 starts.

So anyway I using a competitors product in my Windows 8 and it works fine.

Edward11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko,
Thanks for your response. Can I just continue on this forum as part of following up qcrocknet's issues which is similar to mine. What's the different anyway. Please advise further. Thanks.

To qcrocknet, my system has AMD Radeon as well, in fact it has two Graphic Adapters, AMD Radeon HD 7570/HD 7670M Graphics (version 8.982.6.0 date 01/08/12) and Intel(R) Graphics 4000 (vesion 8.982.6.0 date 01/08/12).

AMD is one that is widely used, I believe CyberLink has had taken into consideration when programming PDR11 Ultimate Suite and its additional components. The tech support relates your issue to AMD driver might be correct, but they should be able to suggest a suitable solution such as the right driver to be used with AMD graphic adapter. Had CyberLink knowingly did not expect users who have AMD on their system to use PDR11, they should specify the requirement in the first instance.