Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems playing the Star Wars Blu-Ray discs (again!) with 2118a [Catalyst 13.9 seems to fix it]
[Post New]
Still no change in the new 13.6 beta. SW: Revenge of the Sith still has that horizontal artifact bar.
I'm starting to get the feeling that this will never be fixed by ATI. I still have hope the Cyberlink people can kick AMD a bit where it hurts to make this change though.

EDIT: in both PDVD 12 and 13.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2013 12:57

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
t4103gf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2013 16:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too have the same problem. I first noticed that the DTS-HD Master audio was intermittently dropping on Star Wars II blu-ray. Then while watching Star Wars III blu-ray, I began to notice the horizontal bars on the video playback. At first I thought it was PowerDVD 12 Ultra. I tried with another video player. When I played Star Wars II using the VLC Player, the audio was fine and when I played Star Wars III, the video was fine. I then upgraded to PowerDVD 13 Ultra, yet the problems persisted. I next tried playing from my original discs thinking my ISO copies were built incorrectly. The problems persisted. I then tried to tweak the AMD Radeon HD 7770 video card settings. Unable to solve the issue, I then searched the AMD forums and found a possible fix for the HDMI audio drop-out issue in the AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta2 drivers. I tried to install the beta driver, but the installation failed repeatedly with a NSIS error. I then began to question if there was a defect in the original discs and found this posting. I am glad I did. Otherwise, I might be needlessly swapping video cards. For now, I will fallback to the AMD Catalyst 12.10 driver and wait for a fix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 17:36

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I too have the same problem. I first noticed that the DTS-HD Master audio was intermittently dropping on Star Wars II blu-ray. Then while watching Star Wars III blu-ray, I began to notice the horizontal bars on the video playback. At first I thought it was PowerDVD 12 Ultra. I tried with another video player. When I played Star Wars II using the VLC Player, the audio was fine and when I played Star Wars III, the video was fine. I then upgraded to PowerDVD 13 Ultra, yet the problems persisted. I next tried playing from my original discs thinking my ISO copies were built incorrectly. The problems persisted. I then tried to tweak the AMD Radeon HD 7770 video card settings. Unable to solve the issue, I then searched the AMD forums and found a possible fix for the HDMI audio drop-out issue in the AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta2 drivers. I tried to install the beta driver, but the installation failed repeatedly with a NSIS error. I then began to question if there was a defect in the original discs and found this posting. I am glad I did. Otherwise, I might be needlessly swapping video cards. For now, I will fallback to the AMD Catalyst 12.10 driver and wait for a fix.

Greetings and welcome to the "12.10" club. We are nice group!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Any news about this, Michael? My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
[Post New]
Well, I have good news for a change about this issue.

I installed the latest WHQL AMD drivers (13.9) and... drumroll... the artifacts are gone.

Looks like AMD finally fixed that problem, and that those who enjoy Star Wars blu-rays can finally update their driver again. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well, I have good news for a change about this issue.

I installed the latest WHQL AMD drivers (13.9) and... drumroll... the artifacts are gone.

Looks like AMD finally fixed that problem, and that those who enjoy Star Wars blu-rays can finally update their driver again.

Thanks for staying on this Korrigan. I'll install 13.9.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Well, I have good news for a change about this issue.

Looks like AMD finally fixed that problem, and that those who enjoy Star Wars blu-rays can finally update their driver again.

Thanks for staying on this Korrigan. I'll install 13.9.

Kevin
Cool, let me know if it worked for you too please! My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7