Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
iPad uploading issues
Leadhitter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2013 13:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
New to PD but absolutely loving it. I produced a piece under the iPad presets, but when trying to upload it, the iPad says it take it b/c it cant play the file. Confused.

Thanks for the help..... Thanks.....Parker
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Parker -

No iPad here so I can't test it.

Here are the specs for iPad video from http://support.apple.com/kb/SP580

- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Attached is a MediaInfo report from a video produced to iPad 720p profile.

If we can work out the bits that don't match, we might be able to resolve it.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
iPad 720p.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Leadhitter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2013 13:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I confused you. PD has a presets for files production. One of these is an ipad. But when I produce the file under that format, the ipad wont take it. It was never an issue with Pinnacle. I tried mpeg-4, -2, and avi. I also produced one at low resolution just to test it. Nothing worked. Thanks.....Parker
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No - your post didn't confuse me.

What I was suggesting is that (a) there's clearly something about the video that your iPad doesn't like & (b) it's possible that something in the default profile is the cause.

How do you normally transfer video files to your iPad? Through iTunes?

Cheers - Tony
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Parker

Further to Tony's comments, as far I know you have to Import your Produced MP4 file into silly iTunes (ensure you have allowed for video file sync) then sync your iPad with iTunes.

Hope this helps Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
[Post New]
Well, Parker, BANG goes my theory!

The video I produced using the Device > Apple > iPad > 1280x720/30p (3MBps) profile (MediaInfo posted above) transferred to my brother's iPad2 without issue. It played both video & audio.

Neil - side note - rather than clogging up my brother's iPad with my whole iTunes library I checked manage manually (on the iPad) and transferred it that way.

So - we're back at square one.

Making sure your iPad software is up to date would be a good thing, but I can't think of any other possible cause.

Cheers - Tony

Chris Tayler [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Sep 07, 2011 02:34 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I have occasionally had this issue (with my apple TV 1) and it comes down (usually) to a clip within the movie that has the wrong frame rate, for some reason PD does not transcribe them all correctly for the ipad -
I have used handbrake with various degrees of success to fix it, and now find the best way is to burn to hard drive with chapters then rip the folder with handbrake -
a perfect example is I took a tile clip from my iMovie (HD add it to a completed PD movie (that I know works on my Apple TV or I pad) render to any setting and no matter what I do it wont play, burn to hard drive as a DVD and rip and it always works
Chris Tayler
taylerchris@gmail.com

My Work
http://youtu.be/IBwkyXLGdUw
http://youtu.be/6qspu0oDp8U
http://youtu.be/7qvuQ4zXxII
http://youtu.be/lZqWQfcn_PQ