Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cyberlink powerdirector 11 hangs all the time windows 7 professional.
vidmagic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2013 17:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I had powerdirector 9, when I went to multiprocessor and windows 7 it hung.
I asked around and last December 17 I bought version 11.
Now it still hangs, I filled out the cuestionair several times and added my email address.
I applied already 4 or five times a patch.
It still hangs, never got a response from cyberlink.
Program runs fine on same computer in virtual machine vmware player windows XP, but is too slow.
< here is a video with symptom
lenovo thinkpad X220 Intel i5-2450M CPU 2.5GHz 4 Gigs of memory 64 bit windows 7 professional.
If anybody has an answer I would be pleased.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2013 18:19

Don't believe your eyes? You better don't. Nothing's real anymore.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Run a Dxdiag and save the results to a text file and post here, we are volunteers butwith the Dxdiag file we can be more of a help. From what info you posted a Windows 7 64Bit and only 4GB memory PD hasn't got much "processor" power to work with as after all windows process' needed only will have 3.?? GB left. Video editing is an intense strain on systems.
Jim.
P.s. I recommend a minimum 8GB memory...the more the better...especially if working in Hi-Def and 1920X1080 Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I had powerdirector 9, when I went to multiprocessor and windows 7 it hung.
I asked around and last December 17 I bought version 11.
Now it still hangs, I filled out the cuestionair several times and added my email address.
I applied already 4 or five times a patch.
It still hangs, never got a response from cyberlink.
Program runs fine on same computer in virtual machine vmware player windows XP, but is too slow.
< here is a video with symptom
lenovo thinkpad X220 Intel i5-2450M CPU 2.5GHz 4 Gigs of memory 64 bit windows 7 professional.
If anybody has an answer I would be pleased.

Thanks.

RE: Your video
What happens if you choose the Full feature editor instead of the Easy Editor?

Also do have you tried updating Quicktime?
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vidmagic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the entusiastic responses.
I attached the file, hope it works.

I tried every single thing, clicked on anything, updated everyting, it never works.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dx diagnostic file for computer
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
441 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2013 23:01

vidmagic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just updated Quicktime.
Same error

I ran quicktime in the background
Same error.

Choosing full editor
Same error

I hope you have any more ideas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2013 23:19

Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question, and please correct me if I am wrong, I see two video cards and two monitors in your DxDiag file, is that right? If so, could be conflict between them...

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just updated Quicktime.
Same error

I ran quicktime in the background
Same error.

Choosing full editor
Same error

I hope you have any more ideas.

I have seen posts where Quicktime had to be uninstalled, computer rebooted, then Install Quicktime. Just updating Quicktime did not do any good.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vidmagic [Avatar]
[Post New]
@Dave456, Disconnected one monitor. and work from the lid monitor of the thinkpad.
Same problem
There is one video card, I installed an extra SIIG usb video card.
Closed the lid only use that card on external monitor.
Same problem
I will uninstall Quicktime, and try that.
Carl it seesm you doesn't like quicktime do you?
Then I will install XP on a stick and run PD from a stick in this computer and see if that would work.
thanks,
Laurens Don't believe your eyes? You better don't. Nothing's real anymore.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Try running PD in Win 7 safe mode, it may ask for RichVideo to be installed, that's OK.

If PD runs then there is most likely a conflict with something loaded later. If PD still crashes then it is something at a deeper level, or a bad installation.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I would also check on the Lenovo site for any driver updates. If I have the correct system, there has just been another BIOS update (06/02/13), and I think the latest video drivers may also be newer than the ones installed.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I will uninstall Quicktime, and try that.
Carl it seesm you doesn't like quicktime do you?

I like Quicktime. Quicktime is necessary for Powerdirector to run and to work.

At times if Quicktime is not installed correctly, Powerdirector will do very strange things.

The two most common things that cause Powerdirector to not run is Quicktime and Video Driver.

Both need to be the latest available, and properly installed.

BeFi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2012 16:17 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I read several times in the forum that PD does not work properly without Quicktime. I am running PD11 without Quicktime installed and it does what I expect it to do. Occasional crashes notwithstanding.

I once installed Quicktime to see whether this addresses these occasional instabilities and did find no difference.

Quicktime remains deinstalled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2013 14:34

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I read several times in the forum that PD does not work properly without Quicktime. I am running PD11 without Quicktime installed and it does what I expect it to do. Occasional crashes notwithstanding.

I once installed Quicktime to see whether this addresses these occasional instabilities and did find no difference.

Quicktime remains deinstalled.

Quicktime provides the MOV format video. And may effect MP4 videos.

BeFi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2012 16:17 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Good hint. I am usually producing MPEG2 (SD) or AVC HD.264 formats. I record from TV and trim or multi-trim the MTS streams before rendering into a DLNA-friendly format.

I had generated one or two MPEG4 streams also for testing in the beginning without specific issues.

I haven't done ANY extensive editing so far with PD11 - which may explain why I don't need Quicktime.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2013 15:54