Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best PD11 settings for 1080p Youtube videos?
Jonny93 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2011 13:45 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone.

I've been experimenting A LOT with youtube video quality settings, and as much as i've tested, i can't seem to find the perfect PD11 settings for a youtube 1080p video for the best quality possible. Could anyone give some advice about video format and all the settings that gives the best quality on youtube at 1080p amongst all the available PD11 video formats?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2013 12:05

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Jonny -

Uploading to YouTube has been the subject of many discussions in these forum pages. You could try using the Search function, though it's not always reliable.

There is no one single answer, because it depends a bit on the type of video you're making.

If you're uploading 1080p video, it's usually a balance between file size & quality. The hugest factor with file size is video bitrate... that's also important to video quality. Using lower BRs can badly affect screen motion.

Do you have a preferred format? AVC, MPEG-4, WMV? What formats have you tried? Have they been satisfactory?

I know that forum member Robert2S has done extensive testing of 1080p profiles for YT upload. Hopefully, he'll notice this thread & chime in. This is his YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MULLY5150
Newbie Location: Shizuoka, Japan Joined: Jun 27, 2011 04:01 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
The problem isn't with your settings. I've rendered things out in every way that PD offers. mpeg4 seems to give the best quality.....back to why I said it's not your settings. Once you upload to YouTube it gets compressed so much that you're not going to get really high quality 1080p, super clear like TV, quality. To be honest, 720p is perfectly fine for YouTube. Hope that helps.
MULLY
Check out and subscribe to the funniest channel on YouTube!!
http://www.youtube.com/thingzthatsuck

Personal vlogging channel
http://www.youtube.com/warmothstrat
Jonny93 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: G'day Jonny -

Uploading to YouTube has been the subject of many discussions in these forum pages. You could try using the Search function, though it's not always reliable.

There is no one single answer, because it depends a bit on the type of video you're making.

If you're uploading 1080p video, it's usually a balance between file size & quality. The hugest factor with file size is video bitrate... that's also important to video quality. Using lower BRs can badly affect screen motion.

Do you have a preferred format? AVC, MPEG-4, WMV? What formats have you tried? Have they been satisfactory?

I know that forum member Robert2S has done extensive testing of 1080p profiles for YT upload. Hopefully, he'll notice this thread & chime in. This is his YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for ur reply. The format that has satisfied me the most has been Quicktime MOV format, but it takes so long to render, but i've tried other formats, and the quality degrades very much compared to the raw file. I mostly upload gaming videos, and the raw format is avi with almost 1m bitrate, so i would say any format after editing will degrade it, but i still want the best settings with the least quality degradation.
Jonny93 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The problem isn't with your settings. I've rendered things out in every way that PD offers. mpeg4 seems to give the best quality.....back to why I said it's not your settings. Once you upload to YouTube it gets compressed so much that you're not going to get really high quality 1080p, super clear like TV, quality. To be honest, 720p is perfectly fine for YouTube. Hope that helps.
MULLY

Yeah i agree, but mov seems to be quite good, but renders too slowly :/
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Try Vimeo instead. ~Tom~